TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Recommended Campgrounds and Places to Visit
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-28-2012, 06:41 PM   #11
moaboy

That is what the "fan" setting on your AC is for if you have hook ups...it is amazing what the constant drone of some white noise will cover up. Not quiet per se but better than listening to some sounds you really don 't want to hear.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:26 PM   #12
Jim&Joan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kempert View Post
I've hosted for the last 6 years and haven't had many noisy neighbors. I've discovered the noisy folk try to get as far from the hosts as possible. The closer you get to the hosts, the quieter it will probably be.
We always used this philosophy when we tent camped with our daughters. We had some favorite spots right by the hosts.

One night a couple of guys with a fishing boat trailer had some wheel problem and I think were trying to beat off a welded on wheel bearing. It got to be about 10:30, latern going, they were getting more frustrated and the noise was stupid. I told DW, "Watch this." I picked up a flashlight and walked about 30 ft before I turned it on. They could see me coming (from the area of the host). I got about a site away and said, "You guys about finished there?". They answered, "Oh, yeah." I turned and walked back and turned off the light. We never heard another sound. I am sure they assumed I was the host.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:02 AM   #13
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Had one once, the longer the drinking went on the loader the radio got. Some how the panic alarm on the TV went off. Radio was turned down and the panic alarm went away. Oh! the host was two miles away.

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:35 AM   #14
rumbleweed

Maryland State Parks changed their quiet hours to begin at 10PM this season. They do a good job enforcing them with Ranger patrols just after quiet time begins.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:24 AM   #15
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by moaboy View Post
That is what the "fan" setting on your AC is for if you have hook ups...it is amazing what the constant drone of some white noise will cover up. Not quiet per se but better than listening to some sounds you really don 't want to hear.
Good idea. I'll run my generator continuously so that I can run the fan continuously.

Pardon my sarcastic remark.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:08 PM   #16
moaboy

Yea that would work!
But notice I did say "if you have hook ups."
Old 02-29-2012, 08:23 PM   #17
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Earplugs are also helpful. I always carry them; use them when needed. Unfortunately they only work when you aren't trying to listen to someone or something.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:47 PM   #18
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by moaboy View Post
Yea that would work!
But notice I did say "if you have hook ups."
I was being silly. I never have hookups.

Going where there are no hookups is another way to get away. There are two campgrounds at lake Oroville. The one with hookups has tiny sites, more suitable for a drive in movie theater than for camping. The other one has spacious sites where you can pitch two or three tents per campsite.

I have been in campgrounds where you can set your watch in the morning, because all of the motor homes with built-in generators start the generators up at the exact moment allowed. They need the power for their electric drip coffee makers.

Wrong place for me to be.

My brother-in-law was tent camping once and someone near him was running a contractor generator after hours, so he could watch TV. My brother-in-law went over and broke the spark plug. Guy replaces it and starts it up again. BIL breaks it again. Guy asks how many times BIL will break spark plugs. BIL asks him back how many does he have.

Brutal, unkind, impolite, immoral, unethical, but effective.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:00 AM   #19
Riwright
TrailManor Master

This is some really useful information, I have already used it to enhance the camping experience.

I spoke with a campground host at Lake Casitas, near Ventura, CA. He gave me some interesting information. He said that Easter was the busiest weekend that they had. He said Memorial Day and Labar Day followed and that 4th of July was number four.

I would have ranked 4th of July first and Easter much lower. It surprised me.
Riwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:29 AM   #20
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

WOW my family must be weird because we like Camp Grounds with lots of people & late night get together s even though we don't drink alcohol. But then again we don't mind the AC noise either.

Now I don't care for Constant Barking dogs though.

One of our favorite things about Camping is meeting new friends & socializing. I really can't stand it to be too-quiet.

This thread can help me also since I can look at the suggestions from a different viewpoint. I remember one camp Ground we stayed at that was so quiet we almost went nuts literally.

2008 3023
2016 Ford F150 Platinum FX4
2003 Land Rover Discovery
EAZLift 1000lb WDH & Sway Control
Tekonsha P-3 Trailer Brake Controller - Proportional

http://www.hickscarpetcare.com/forum...mpSite2008.jpg
mcgyver210 is offline   Reply With Quote