TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2020, 11:25 PM   #11
cire74

Thanks...Congrats to you as well. I'll check out the pics...
cire74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 11:46 PM   #12
Larryjb
Site Sponsor

I looked it up and found it to see the pictures. I'll love to see your pictures as well.

My wife was apprehensive about the camping thing, and buying used probably didn't help. I sold her on the idea with two carrots. 1) don't have to worry about bedbugs anymore. That was big. 2) I discovered Harvesthosts (it's really neat if you are into wine tasting or golfing, but it's fun even if you're not). There is a Lavender farm in WA just south of us and that was the hook, line, and sinker.

I try to do breakfasts and dinners, while she does sandwiches for lunch, so I've been trying to turn camping into a break for her too.

2002 Tahoe
2008 4.6 Explorer
2001 2720SD

Various TM images that you may or may not find elsewhere:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/album.php?u=11700
Larryjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 10:35 AM   #13
Larryjb
Site Sponsor

Wow, I had given myself a thumbs down in my last post! (since corrected) I was using my 10" tablet to write that. Imagine what I might have done if that were a phone?!?! Another reason why I hate using phones for Internet use...

Anyway, I presume that if you towed a boat before, you have tow mirrors. If not, McKesh mirrors are great. Bill introduced me to those and I have never regretted it. Also, I don't know what weight you towed before, but even though the Trailmanor doesn't require it, I do like to use a weight distributing hitch. The Trailmanor is heavier on the tongue than other trailers, which helps with sway. (I have never experienced sway with the Trailmanor).

2002 Tahoe
2008 4.6 Explorer
2001 2720SD

Various TM images that you may or may not find elsewhere:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/album.php?u=11700
Larryjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 03:54 PM   #14
cire74

Talking

I ended up buying the 2010 2720 that is the most recent listing in the for sale area of the forum. I spoke to the owner on the phone Friday and studied the pictures he provided. He was the original owner. I changed my original airline ticket from WV to Texas and flew to see it on Sunday. It was exactly as described, and obviously more modern than the 2003 I was supposed to see in WV. The huge bonus was that it already has the factory swing hitch.

Thanks to the pre-purchase checklists found in this forum’s archives, I spent about 1.5 hours going through every detail, taking notes of any issues. I used the minor issues as bargaining points and we agreed on $10,125 instead of the $11500 asking price.

It needs a battery, tires and wheel bearings, and shipping from Texas. I am working on flatbed bids for shipping now.

To all of you knowledgeable folks on the site that make the TrailManor community the awesome support network it is, I just want to offer a sincere thank you. You are the reason I went with a TrailManor instead of a Hi-Lo. I am now the proud owner of a 2720 and will be spending much time hear going through the old posts to learn everything I can.
cire74 is offline   Reply With Quote