TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Tips and Tricks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-13-2011, 07:52 PM   #1
namklg

Default LP copper lines

Hi, I just was looking at a friends new RPOD and I noticed some nice 'extras'. All of their LP copper lines were covered with black plastic soft flex split tubing. So, off to home depot to get this item (Buchanan Split Flex Tubing) and zip ties.... Now all the copper LP lines have a little additional protection from the rocks on the road. I am glad that I did this as one of the lines has a little ding in it from a rock.
I will post pictures later. I finished the work when it was too dark to take them.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:58 AM   #2
MisterP

In my opinion, there are two negatives to covering propane lines.

Damage that might be seen on an uncovered line will now be hidden by the cover. A sharp rock could puncture the piping and be unseen. The risk becomes higher if you consider that the propane will be turned on when you are inside the unit.

Water can be trapped inside the cover. This can be minimized by orienting the slit at the bottom, but trapped moisture could accelerate corrosion.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:01 AM   #3
Pitbull

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004AJLBQY

Koz
Old 06-14-2011, 05:54 PM   #4
namklg

Hi,
The lines do have a split and I have secured them at the ends. So, with the split intact they should breathe, if there is a puncture. I never looked at my old camper for holes in the lines, so perhaps I will pay a bit more attention now as it could be quite deadly to ignore!
I believe that because they have been doing this on the rPod for some time, I think it should be fairly safe for the TM.