TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Recommended Campgrounds and Places to Visit
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-19-2010, 09:08 AM   #11
PopBeavers

Campground means different things to different people.

For me, if it has any hookup at all, water, sewer, power, etc. then it is an rv park.

If it has established campsites but not hookups, like a forest service campground, then it is a campground.

If you just pull off the road somewhere in the middle of nowhere, typically on public land such as a national forest out west, then it is boon docking.

I try to stay in an RV park once every year at the end of the season so I can give my holding tanks a good rinsing before putting it away for the season.

If you are looking for RV parks, then rvparkreviews.com is a pretty good place to look around. If you are looking for boondocking locations or campgrounds then another source would be better.

The best way I have found to locate campgrounds is either my Garmin GPS or Google Earth.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:16 AM   #12
HIKERZ
TrailManor Master

Default camping in florida

The Florida State Park system is great. There are beaches, rivers, springs, and swamps. The bulk offer 30/50 with water. No sewage but they do have dump stations. However in the summer you have many tourists so they fill up and in the winter you have the "birds" who come and stay, moving from campground (they have limits on stays) to campground. This typically means that you will not be able to pull up and get a site. The parks in the keys book up to 11 months in advance. By using the reserveamerica website you can find parks and see amenities and book in advance. nick