TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2007, 08:38 AM   #1
drehak

Default trailmanor bug problems

I am a Florida camper considering a trailmanor. Bugs are a problem here and I am concerned about bugs coming in between the shells and around beds. Is that a problem?
Old 09-05-2007, 08:49 AM   #2
mtnguy

That shouldn't be a big concern. There is a pretty good seal between the shells, but I can see a little gap in the corners of the bed area in my TM. If bugs want to get in, they can probably do it with any camper, or house for that matter. I have a good example with my house right here.

Chap
Old 09-05-2007, 06:54 PM   #3
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

I have camped twice in my 2007 3124 KS...the first time at a camp ground in Ocala...night one we had the bathroom light on while watching tv the bathroom door was closed ....I had 5 or 6 lil teeny tiny green bugs in the bathroom...not sure what they were so I took care of them and lay a towel over the seal and left the light on for a while but no more came in. The next night we had friends come over to check out the camper...every light was on while my excited husband waited for company...and we had no bugs...until the guest came to the door...opened it and went WOW........"I like it"...and stood there just looking...then we had a bunch of mosquitos inside from coming through the open door while the gawker stood there.

We just camped in the woods for 3 days and 2 nights ...in Calvary, Ga. aka as "gnat hell" not one gnat or skitter entered my camper. I made a screen door and it worked. I also made some decorative draft stoppers and they worked. Now...I do need to rewash my tm...a whole bunch of gnats komakazied themselves on the exterior and on the underside of the flaps.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 07:24 PM   #4
meriflower

In case you haven't read this thread posted last year, here it is, it deals with the same topic - bugs!

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=4981