TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2005, 09:33 AM   #11
BobRederick

Default Satellite antenna

The factory can install a satellite antenna on the roof and have done it. I would suggest you consider if you will be under trees as that antenna must have a clear view of the part of the sky with the satelllite. I understand folk with one become cleaver in finding parking spaces to meet that requirement.
I am attaching 2 photos which I'll delete in a few days to conserve space.
Bob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SateliteDish.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	390   Click image for larger version

Name:	SateliteDishDown.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	391  
Old 04-02-2005, 10:06 AM   #12
Denny_A
Former TM Owner

Default Satellite antenna...

Bob's point is a good one. I used a portable antenna and 50 ft of coax to ensure reception in just about any campground conditions. If shade trees/obstructions are predominant, a roof mounted dish will often be useless. Get parked next to a 40 ft RV, which blocks the sight line, and you'll get nothing.

It is very easy to run the coax out thru the velcroed flaps (without compromising trailer security). Aiming the portable dish is a 5 minute job, from setup to signal aquisition, if one has an audio-visual signal aquisition device.

Come to think on it, I've got a complete setup which I'll never use again! Anybody....anybody....?

Denny_A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzardrump
Ray:

Thank you for your input....and everyone else. It sounds like I should plan on having an A/C for a variety of reasons. I wonder if I could talk the factory into dropping the TV antennae and maybe putting in an entry point for a combination satellite/cable entry point instead. Worth discussing if I end up going for a new one. More than likely I will purchase a used one and will go from there re: the tv thing. Again thank you for the input.