TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2007, 06:01 PM   #1
Wolverine 53

Question Mirrors

We are looking at buying a 2003 2619. We have a saturn vue for pulling. We aren't sure what type of side mirrors we need or where to get them. This is our first TM. We are moving up from a tent pop-up. Any help will be appreciated.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:22 PM   #2
Frank777

Default McKesh Mirrors

I've used McKesh mirrors now for several years and like them a lot.

http://www.hensleymfg.com/mckeshmirrors.html

They can be taken off and put back on whenever you need them.

They may be just what you need. Hope this helps. They give me a great views towing my TM.

God bless, Frank
Old 06-26-2007, 08:43 PM   #3
MukaboutintheNW

We have the Cipa mirrors made specifically for our truck make/model. They slip right over the end of our existing mirrors, really easy and no vibrating problems or slipping. Cipa also makes a universal towing mirror if they don't have one specifically for Saturn. I've noticed many TM owners use the McKesh mirrors on this site such as Frank and I've also heard good things about those. Ours were $50.98 for the pair, not sure how that compares to the McKesh. I found them for the lowest price on www.rvpartsoutlet.com, another source I learned from this forum.

We moved up from a popup tent trailer to the TM a couple months ago and it is like our hotel on wheels! We are really enjoying it. Good luck in your new adventures.

Sharon
Old 06-27-2007, 06:37 PM   #4
grill-n-go
Site Sponsor

McKesh is pricey but you will never find anyone who complains about how they perform. Day/Night, you'll be glad you have them every time you change lanes.

'03 2720SL
'07 Tundra 4X4
grill-n-go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 09:46 AM   #5
PopBeavers

I complain about my McKesh. They wiggle a little and it annoys me.

You think McKesh are expensive, I keep looking at replacing my mirrors witht he new Chevy Silverado 2006 mirrors. That will set me back more than 500 bucks.

I think the McKesh are likely the best strap on towing mirrors around. They are not electric adjust and are not heated, which is what I want.

I'm hard to please. But I do like the TM.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:11 PM   #6
Freedom

Wayne here are CIPA replacement mirrors for your truck. http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/P...Browse/s-10101

Here's some on e-Bay for less money: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Exten...spagenameZWDVW

Here's a different style: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-06...spagenameZWDVW
Old 07-21-2007, 03:09 PM   #7
PopBeavers

I keep looking at the last one you have the link to. I like the vertical style mirrors much better (ala Ford) than the horizontal style (Chevy until the recent change).
Old 07-21-2007, 06:55 PM   #8
Paul_Heuvelhorst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 53 View Post
We are looking at buying a 2003 2619. We have a saturn vue for pulling.
The CIPA mirrors referred to by others only fit Ford, Chevy & Dodge. You will be best served by the Mackesh product and it is less expensive.

7/25/2007: The reference I made above refers to CIPA's products for full-size pickup trucks. They have not yet added Toyota, Nissan, or Honda to their line. Both the electrically adjustable mirrors and the manual slide-ons that I use (and prefer) are only made for the full-size "domestic" trucks.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:10 AM   #9
Bill & Lisa

PopBeavers,
Lisa found a set of these at a SAMBOREE flee market for $30. http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/P...008660/c-10614
They work great and are $50. Don't slide in or out like some of the other but much better than the old universal CIPAs I used to use (til one fell off).
I too am picky but I am also frugal. For $350-$450 less than the fancy ones I LOVE these!

Bill
Old 07-25-2007, 11:38 AM   #10
PopBeavers

I'm picky. I want electric adjust and heated mirrors. I don't care about the turn signals.

My McKesh are OK for add ons.