TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2006, 06:22 PM   #1
macdasher

Default Imposing Question on Current Owners

I have a very imposing question for someone who might be willing to help. I am considering a purchase of a used trailmanor 2720 from a dealership in South TX but I live in Indiana.

If there is anyone who lives close to Corpus, would like to help out a future Trailmanor owner, and who won't steal my trailer off the lot because it ends up being awesome, please contact me. I really hope to get some trustworthy eyes on the unit before I shell out the bucks to travel down there.

Thanks to anyone who lives close and has some time on their hands. You won't be bound by anything you say...I just want one set of fresh eyes on it.

Michael
[email protected]
Old 07-14-2006, 09:41 PM   #2
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

I feel your pain. We bought a TM that was 850 miles away but my cousin and aunt went to check it out and declared it "like new". Maybe you could have them send you lots of pictures.
Old 07-15-2006, 07:36 AM   #3
Doug W.

I drove 1100 miles to get mine. I saw some pictures of it, before making the trip though. It was such a good deal, it was worth the drive.
Old 07-15-2006, 08:48 AM   #4
Freedom

We bought ours on E-Bay after seeing pictures. Then we had to drive from Mead, WA (by Spokane in eastern Washington) to Little Rock AFB (just north of Little Rock, AR) to pick it up. (2063 miles one way) Made the trip in three days down and three and a half back. Bad part was that we had just been at Branson, MO about two weeks prior!
Old 07-15-2006, 09:48 AM   #5
pbuck1

We bought ours on ebay from pictures and travelled 900 miles to get it. When we got there it was pretty much as described, so we bought it and the seller threw in his WDH, too. We made a leisurely camping trip of the journey back and had a great time.

I guess no one has answered you yet who is close enough to help, but at least you're getting a little feedback from others who've bought sight unseen successfully (and none so far from anyone who wasted a journey).

Best put a holding deposit on it before you go.

-Paul
Old 07-17-2006, 08:00 PM   #6
sir1doc

We found ours on rvtrader.com and made several calls with questions since I had not actually seen one in person and drove the 300+ mi and were happy. I too got lots of extras from the previous owners. My wife mentioned this week how great other TM owners are and I have to agree.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:10 PM   #7
idaho-steve

I'll join in the chorus here.

I purchased a 2720SL that was located over 1,100 miles from where I lived. In my case, the owner was willing to take a number of digital pictures and e-mail them to me. I then spoke over the phone and he was very forthcoming about the condition of the trailer. In the end I trusted my instincts (over my wife's rather vigourous objections I might add) and it turned out very well.

Your situation is different of course in that you are working with a dealer; however, the dealer may be willing to put you in touch with the previous owners and you could get a reading from them.

Good luck. The biggest problem I have found with my TM is the overt couriosity the trailer seems to inspire. (I actually rather like the "ice-breaker" effect. :-)