TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > General Maintenance and Cleaning
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-28-2002, 12:03 PM   #1

Default TM oven

Does anyone have any sugestions for an oven that wont stay lit?  The pilot will light and, at the beginning, the oven's burner will light but it will go out after a short period of time and will not relight.  I have no experience with gas appliances.  Could it be a bad thermostat?
Old 07-28-2002, 01:35 PM   #2
Happytrails

Default Re: TM oven

Sounds like air in the lines.....get the burners working for a bit first till they burn steady, then light the oven pilot. Given yours is a 2002, that should fix ya right up....(did me with my old 1986 with the same problem). Just be patient, it'll light.  

Happytrails......
Old 07-28-2002, 01:49 PM   #3

Thanks Happytrails.  I'll give it a try tomorrow.  The burners on the stove work fine and the pilot will stay lit......??????  We'll see.  
Old 07-28-2002, 02:36 PM   #4
Happytrails

Oh, the pilot stays lit......yeah, that's exactly what was happening with mine.....that should do ya!

Happytrails.........
Old 07-29-2002, 11:26 AM   #5

It seems to be working now. :-/  The baked potatoes were a little, no a lot crunchy, Saturday night.  My wife and I put the kids to bed early and celebrated our 11th anniversary with a great steak and crunchy potatoes.  We were camping and it was great  ;D