TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-07-2002, 05:25 AM   #11

Default Re: Need Advice b/f Purchase of 2619

Thanks to all of you who replied to my original post.  We purchased the 2619 and are in the process of getting it ready to use next season.  May even get one weekend trip in this year if the weather cooperates.
Old 10-07-2002, 01:01 PM   #12

FYI
for filling dings, scrapes and other major blemishes. Just ran across a product today called "Lab Metal". It is as pourable, spreadable, liquid metal. It is aluminum based, no mixing required. Haven't had time to see if they have a website yet. It is available from Fastenal. It reminds me a lot of the old lead we used to use to do body work with. It is probably too expensive to use for repairing hail dents, but I would use it for deep gouges. It is drillable, machineable, and paintable once it completel dries. I will post a web site if I find one.

Aaron
Old 10-07-2002, 01:44 PM   #13

Found It!! ;D Here is the website for Lab Metal...www.alvinproducts.com/

Aaron
Old 10-09-2002, 02:37 PM   #14
Gene

Quote:
I have used UV Bondo to repair dents. Works well. I am trying to find a perfect match for the white paint. Home Depot and Mernards couldn't match it. Any advise?
I talked to Jimmy Davis, from TrailManor. He said that I can purchase the interior or exterior colors in a spray can for $21.00. Kind of pricy, but I ordered the white paint. He said that they get the touchup paint  from the the manufacturer who supplies TM with the aluminum skin.
Old 10-09-2002, 03:03 PM   #15
hal

I bought a can of white paint from Walmart.  It was to be a temporary cover.  It matched so well that you cannot see any difference in the whites.  It cost me about $2-3.00 for the can.  

Hal
Old 10-09-2002, 04:32 PM   #16
Gene

Quote:
I bought a can of white paint from Walmart. It was to be a temporary cover. It matched so well that you cannot see any difference in the whites. It cost me about $2-3.00 for the can.

Hal
What brand of paint or how does the label read?
Old 10-15-2002, 03:57 PM   #17

hi everybody,
we bought our 1997 2619 TM  for $8,500 from an ad on rvtraderonline last week, the seller dropped it off at Las Vegas after 17 hours from Colorado, we lucky just drove 5 hours from sounthern california to pick it up. we could not beleive this trailer so lite...our 2001 Nissan Pathfinder with brake module installed a day before at a local U-Haul store($180) and w/o WD we towed it back to california with out a  problem. first 100 miles we took easy on it, we remain @55mph then we go up to 60 mph to Barstow and then remain around 65-68 mph for the rest our trip.(half of our trip we put our SUV in cruise control) . MPG not too bad at all!!! just needed 3/4 tank to make all the way from Las vegas to sounthern california.....we stored in our gagare(our neighbors did not beleived it, until we open our gagare). anyway...we still need to learn about our fisrt trailer and still have alot of unanswer questions in our minds....thank all informations/tips/advises on this chat room...we love our TM....