TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-08-2006, 01:15 PM   #1
Lloyd51

Default Airconditioner

I was just curious if anybody else had any problems with there airconditioner. We have a 2004 3124KB, We are the second owners. I was very upset when the airconditioner went out and when I called the factory that builds them that they only have a 2 year warranty, and I found out that my airconditioner was built on june 2003. So I am going with a little taller unit since the height doesnt really matter but its going to cost me almost $700.00. If I went with the same unit that is on there cost is like $950.00.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:49 PM   #2
wbmiller3
Site Sponsor

Is this a side or top a/c? We have the side unit, and I always wondered if it would be hard to find another one that fits the hole if ours goes out.

Thanks,
2018 F150 towing 2001 2619; lift kit & 15" wheels
wbmiller3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 05:06 PM   #3
SireMike

On our second outing the AC went out. We are the second owners for a 3124KS.

Fan blew ok but the compressor would start and then shut off. Had a strong odor in the TM when it went out. I looked at the RVP service manual and it looked like the compressor start capacitor went out. I explained what happened to the Tech and he agreed and changed it out.

Had the TM out last weekend and the AC worked fine. Spouse was cold at night. Will have to get another blanket. This is in a state park in NE Florida.

From researching on the net I saw a few references that this is one of the weaknesses with the Coleman AC. Supposely every couple of years a capacitor goes out.

Cheaper than the whole AC going out though. The dealer fixed mine without charging me a penny.

Mike
Old 08-09-2006, 08:13 PM   #4
dbnoll

I just changed the Start Capacitor and Relay in my Coleman. It only costs $25 for the kit and was relatively easy to install. You must be careful when working with capacitors to be sure they are discharged prior to unplugging them. The odor is caused by the housing on the relay (or it was on mine) because the relay's housing had melted.