TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2021, 10:53 PM   #11
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Pennidragon -

My apologies for the tow vehicle blunder. I was answering two different members' questions at the same time - and obviously not doing very well at it. Thanks for your patience.

I've not seen a faucet like that. I assume that the single handle is up/down for temperature. and left/right for flow? Or the reverse? The advice I gave is still generically good, but probably not much help for that specific faucet. If you can find a maker/model number, I would imagine you can find disassembly and parts details online somewhere.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 10:55 PM   #12
Pennidragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickst29 View Post
It sounds like your (maybe default) Echo settings are causing it to over-react: adjusting braking power (Voltage) by too much at a time. If that guess is right, then:

When it "feels" that you're not slowing down fast enough for your TV brake pedal position, then it raises the trailer brake power by too much - and you feel the Sienna being dragged back into the Trailer. (With your "submarine" effect being caused by your hitch being a bit out of line, or your WDH being mis-adjusted, or both factors).

Then a moment later, it feels that you are being slowed down too FAST for your brake pedal position - and it drops the Trailer Brake voltage down by too much, the Trailer pushes into the Sienna - and the opposite bounce effect occurs (again because the hitch ball height isn't lined up LEVEL with the TM A-frame ball receiver, or because WDH is mis-adjusted).
- - -
These 'submarine' effects are dangerous, you probably need to change your WDH head height. The hitch ball, in the Toyota hitch receiver and WDH head, needs to within an inch of "level" with the bottom of the hitch ball receiver on the TM A-frame ... with that A-frame, and the entire TM, perfectly level (held up by the trailer's A-frame jack).

Then, on a level segment of a parking lot or residential roadway parking space, measure the highest point on each of the 4 Sienna wheel wells to the pavement, before attaching the TM. Latch in the hitch ball and drop release the TM hitch jack, and adjust the WDH so that each of those Sienna wheel wells has dropped by the same amount of distance (closer to the street surface). That's how you tune the WDH force.
- - -
There should be an ability to vary the "sensitivity" of your Controller, and reduce the amount of voltage change which is being made by the accelerometer changes.
I'll have to check the WDH then. The dealer installed all the components, including the hitch on car, harness, WDH, setting the WDH up. If it's something wrong with the install I'll just probably have to bring the TM back to him. Just annoyed if I have to make a trip back to him to fix this. I'll try to see if I can get the manual online and see if I can make sure the install is all within spec and see if I can make any adjustments to it.
Pennidragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 10:57 PM   #13
Pennidragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Pennidragon -

My apologies for the tow vehicle blunder. I was answering two different members' questions at the same time - and obviously not doing very well at it. Thanks for your patience.

You say you have two 50-amp outlets in the garage? They are wired for RV use, I assume, and are not 220 volt dryer outlets or welder outlets or other.

Bill
Yep 50 amp outlets, they were installed to charge electric cars.
Old 03-17-2021, 09:16 PM   #14
Kidkraz
Site Sponsor

Forgive me if this sounds like a silly question. Did you check to see if you have both a hot and cold water line connected to that faucet? I did a ton of research for folding faucets when I decided to replace mine. It looks, just from your internet pic, that it might be for a single water line faucet. If I'm wrong, please forgive the question.
2016 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 Hemi
Installed powered folding tow mirrors

Stopped playing with airplanes, now I just enjoy watching them fly by.
Kidkraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 10:21 PM   #15
Pennidragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidkraz View Post
Forgive me if this sounds like a silly question. Did you check to see if you have both a hot and cold water line connected to that faucet? I did a ton of research for folding faucets when I decided to replace mine. It looks, just from your internet pic, that it might be for a single water line faucet. If I'm wrong, please forgive the question.
No worries, Yes the faucet is designed for both hot and cold. Up is for hot and down for cold. I tried touching the pipes to check the temp, and the blue one was cool to touch and the red one was warm. So I'm pretty sure the water lines were fine, just something wrong at the faucet. I'm bringing the TM back to the dealer I bought it from, since there were so many issues. He actually also installed the hitch/harness and WDH on my Odyssey and TM. Thankfully he agreed to take care of these issues for me. Will report back to you guys what actually was wrong and what had to be done to fix it. Thanks for all the support so far!