TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-19-2007, 09:54 AM   #1
jdandmary

Smile Starting the furnace

Just bought a 2003 2720. The papers we have on the furnace show how to install it but doesn't show how to turn it on. Would appreciate the steps on how to turn it on. Is there a switch hidden somewhere?
Thanks
Old 12-19-2007, 10:42 AM   #2
rtcassel
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandmary View Post
Just bought a 2003 2720. The papers we have on the furnace show how to install it but doesn't show how to turn it on. Would appreciate the steps on how to turn it on. Is there a switch hidden somewhere?
Thanks
My TM has a thermostat in front of the sink. At the bottom of the thermostat there is a control to regulate the temperature. When pushed all the way to the left, the furnace is off. If you have such a control, push it to the right and wait a few minutes.
Equal-i-zer 1000, Prodigy, McKesh, UnderCover
rtcassel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 11:24 AM   #3
mtnguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandmary View Post
Thanks
Hi jdandmary,

Congratulations on your new purchase. We also have a 2003 2720, and it is a great unit.

Like Tim said, the thermostat is on the front side of the sink. On my unit, you cut the furnace on by moving the lever on top of the thermostat to the right, to the desired temperature. To cut the furnace off, you move the lever all of the way to the left, where there is a slight "click" in the lever to the off postion. Even though our units are the same year, it doesn't mean they are exactly alike. That said, some of the TMs also came with a seperate cutoff switch on the bottom of the thermostat. Also make sure the propane is on, and the the fuse in the panel box is OK.

Hope you enjoy your TM.

Chap
Old 12-19-2007, 11:31 AM   #4
Freedom

It helps to run a stove burner first, too. That way you are sure the gas is available for the furnace. If it tries to light and there's no gas it will quit trying after a few attempts. (Safety feature) By starting a burner first you bleed the air from the line and your furnace should start - as long as you've turned it on as mentioned above.
Old 12-19-2007, 11:34 AM   #5
BrigCA61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
It helps to run a stove burner first, too. That way you are sure the gas is available for the furnace. If it tries to light and there's no gas it will quit trying after a few attempts. (Safety feature) By starting a burner first you bleed the air from the line and your furnace should start - as long as you've turned it on as mentioned above.
Very true, and I found it especially true for when I start the refrigerator on propane... always bleed the line on the stove first. Will save you a lot of frustration trying to get it started.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:04 PM   #6
mtnguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrigCA61 View Post
Very true, and I found it especially true for when I start the refrigerator on propane... always bleed the line on the stove first. Will save you a lot of frustration trying to get it started.

And before starting the fridge on propane, and after lighting the stove, I also light the hot water heater before attempting to start the fridge. I figure the hot water heater is on that same side, so that ought to further bleed the lines.

Chap
Old 12-19-2007, 12:33 PM   #7
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Finally, if you really really really have trouble starting it (you shouldn't), there may be a gas shutoff valve in the furnace enclosure. The furnace doesn't require it, so the installation instructions don't call for it. However, I think it is considered "good practice", so the installer/factory may have put one in.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 02:06 PM   #8
fasby_1

Default Furnace Trouble

I own a 2004 2720 and I have tried to search the forum for some trouble shooting tips on getting my furnace working again. So far all my attemps have failed. My next step was to check fuses but I cannot find a fuse box diagram in my manual or by searching the forum. Does anyone have a diagram which shows which fuse is for each appliance? If there is already a post which addresses this question let me know.

Thanks.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:03 PM   #9
commodor47
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasby_1 View Post
I own a 2004 2720 and I have tried to search the forum for some trouble shooting tips on getting my furnace working again. So far all my attemps have failed. My next step was to check fuses but I cannot find a fuse box diagram in my manual or by searching the forum. Does anyone have a diagram which shows which fuse is for each appliance? If there is already a post which addresses this question let me know.

Thanks.
See if this wiring diagram helps.

Dick
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TM Wiring Diagram0001a.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	4073  
Albums
commodor47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 03:42 PM   #10
fasby_1

Thanks Dick for the quick reply. Unfortunately I am having trouble accessing the JPG file as I am getting the following message when trying to access the file:
"fasby_1, you do not have permission to access this page". I am a registered user, is there something further I need to register for in order to have access to the attachment?