TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Tips and Tricks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-19-2005, 03:21 PM   #1
Tuscany Bandit

Default Hitch Alignment System

If you are tired of hearing your wife yelling "Stop! Stop!" this may be the gadget for you. I bought it and it really works great. I can back up to the trailer coupler all by my self perfectly every time!
I bought mine new on Ebay. [IMG](tried to attach image)

Here is another on Ebay if interested:

Item number: 8007170988
Old 10-19-2005, 06:38 PM   #2
2bcs1jrt

I see something that looks just like that on the Camping World site. They are called Magnetic Hitchin Rods.
Cheri
Old 11-01-2005, 06:50 AM   #3
camp2canoe

Default Hitchin Rods

Although both the sailboat and the TM have been winterized and are in storage, the concept of the hitchin rods intriged me enough that I have ordered a pair and am looking forward to trying them out next spring. Thanks for the posts! Hopefully there will be no more dented license plate next year.

I have the world's worst driveway as it both curves and has a hump in the middle. Complicating this is the fact that my doors are only inches wider than my TM (as evidenced by half the missing logo on my awning). Adding a front receiver to my F-150 has make storing the TM a one person job.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:46 PM   #4
Leslie & Nick
TrailManor Master

Default Hitchin Rods

Quote:
I have the world's worst driveway as it both curves and has a hump in the middle. Complicating this is the fact that my doors are only inches wider than my TM (as evidenced by half the missing logo on my awning). Adding a front receiver to my F-150 has make storing the TM a one person job.
And all this time I thought I had the world's worst driveway From a busy street, I have to back downhill, down a narrow driveway, and then make a 90 degree turn to "shoehorn" the TM through a garage door (using a trailer dolly). If I do everything right, I have about 3 inches of clearance on each side. Clearing the awning always provides high drama!

Anyway, tell me more about the front mounted receiver on your F-150. I have the same truck, and maybe this would be something to consider. Can you attach some pictures?

Thanks
Leslie & Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 03:31 PM   #5
MidwestDave

Default Hitch aligners

I found an inexpensive set of aligners at Harbor Freight. They also have LED's that light up too on the tips. I got them on line, didn't see them locally at our store in Davenport. They are the telescopic type too.

Midwest Dave