TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-28-2014, 10:49 AM   #1
Sopper

Question Over the Bathroom Wall / Wall Mounts for TV

I did a search and did not find anything overly specific on mounting a small flat screen TV to the bathroom wall facing the main bedroom area. I am looking to place a small flatscreen (20-24") for my wife and I to watch after we put the kids to bed. Is there any vendor who makes a quality product specific to this application? I would like a secure option so that I do not have to worry about the TV falling off the wall in the middle of the night!

Thanks in advance for any options you can share! Pictures, as always, would be greatly appreciated!
-P3 Brake Controller
-Numerous Off-Road Modifications
----------------------------------------
2015 Nissan Armada Platinum
-Hopkins INSIGHT Brake Controller
2010 Trailmanor 2720
-80 Watt Solar Panel
-40 Gallon Freshwater Tank
Sopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:14 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Do you have the over-sink cabinet? If so, it will get in the way of a TV hung from the bathroom wall, but here is a good alternative.
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=4968
Even if you choose to mount on the bathroom wall, this is a good alternative.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 02:07 PM   #3
Sopper

I am thinking of putting the TV toward the wall on our queen sized bed end (I have a 2720). Basically...on the shower wall side of the bathroom hanging out into the bedroom.
-P3 Brake Controller
-Numerous Off-Road Modifications
2015 Nissan Armada Platinum
-Hopkins INSIGHT Brake Controller
2010 Trailmanor 2720
-80 Watt Solar Panel
-40 Gallon Freshwater Tank
Sopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 07:33 AM   #4
Tampajohn

You might want to consider a WIN/TV that attaches to your computer making it a TV/Computer. We use it and just set it on the bed. It also allows us to record TV shows for later use. Eliminates mounting a bracket or hanging something over the top of the wall.
Old 03-01-2014, 07:39 AM   #5
Tampajohn

Forgot something, If you remove the plate where you hookup the TV antenna, you will see a place where you can adapt another coax cable and run it through the bathroom, back to the bed. It was that way on our 2720 and we just set the cable on the bathroom floor when we fold it up. I was able to run the wire behind the fridge, sink and then to the bathroom, I did drill a small hole in the cabinet across from the toliet to bring the wire in the bathroom and when I set up the TM, I just shove it through to the bed. Hope this helps. John
Old 03-03-2014, 07:39 AM   #6
ThePair
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sopper View Post
I did a search and did not find anything overly specific on mounting a small flat screen TV to the bathroom wall facing the main bedroom area. I am looking to place a small flatscreen (20-24") for my wife and I to watch after we put the kids to bed. Is there any vendor who makes a quality product specific to this application? I would like a secure option so that I do not have to worry about the TV falling off the wall in the middle of the night!

Thanks in advance for any options you can share! Pictures, as always, would be greatly appreciated!
I have an over-the-door folding shelf that I put on the wall in exactly the spot you're thinking, and then I put my TV on the lower shelf and fold the upper one closed.

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...67&postcount=6

Works fine. I have a coax outlet next to my converter/fuse area, along with an outlet, so I can plug the TV in there and run the wires easily (and out of the way) to the TV when I want to use it.

The shelf is called the "Neu home over-the-door".
ThePair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 04:41 AM   #7
moneeleann

We have a 24 inch tv. I used the webbing from a tie down strap and cut two 12 inch lengths. Folded them in half and screwed them into the back of the tv at the four mounting holes, creating two loops. Used some large washers to keep them from twisting. I use hooks like these, but bought mine from Wal-Mart for about 3bucks for a two pack.
http://www.amazon.com/Spectrum-Over-...over+door+hook

The hooks are slender, but strong. Plenty strong for my tv. When not in use, I keep the hooks in the loops. I slide my whole tv into a pillow case and store it under the sofa. Very easy to pull out, grab the hooks, and hang it on either wall. Easy to pull out from the wall to hook up cables, and a bit flexible in case it gets bumped. Also creates a downward tilt due to the loops, which gives you a better viewing angle from the sofa.

I'm typing on my kindle and don't have a pic on here, but I'll post one later.