TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2009, 08:07 AM   #21
larroni

Thanks to everyone who responded on the towing issue. I finally got it figured out and see now that we shouldn't even be towing our Sunlite without getting the Heavy Duty Towing package installed on our T&C. We have only camped twice since buying it and didn't tow it very far from home. Might have been different outcome if we had gone to Smokey Mountains! So many thanks to all of you who responded, you probably saved us from alot of grief. Heard back from David, no problem with getting the title but he was told by someone that they plan to bid more than us, so probaby won't be getting this TM, no problem with that since we really want a 20/27 anyway. Happy Camping, RJ
Old 07-01-2009, 09:55 AM   #22
larroni

Default Would we be insulting the TM seller?

Hi Again, this will probably be my last question as a prospective TM owner and I thank everyone for getting us this far with our TM purchasing experience. We ended up at Chrysler/Dodge to get tow pacakge on our Town and Country but was told it can't be added, had to be installed when van was built. I joked to my DH that we needed a new truck now. Well, six hours later we became the proud owner's of a 2008 Dodge Dakota. Probaby won't win the 1998 23/30 TM on ebay and that won't be a big deal but there is a local TM for sale in our town that is owned free and clear, the senior owner bought himself a deisel motor home so the consigment fellow said the owner is open to all offers. We don't have much money, DH was recently forced to retire, but if we think we can swing this I want to know how much you think we could offer the seller and still not offend him? It's been sitting on the sales lot for about two months. TM is 2005 19/26 TM the owner bought new and only camped in it a couple times before buying the RV. It has the basic standard equipment that comes with most TMs but has electric jack in front and an awing, don't know if that's standard or not. DH and I already have been inside and it looks brand new, would test everything though before paying if he were to accept our offer. He is asking $12,000 but as mentioned, we are being encouraged to offer less and see what he says. We were thinking $8500 but that might be going too low and don't want to offend. What do you all think? Thanks, RJ
Old 07-01-2009, 10:34 AM   #23
rumbleweed

Check out the for sale section of the forum Here is one very close http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=8867

Not sure you should worry about offending the seller if that is what you can afford. Most they can do is say no but most likely come back with a counter.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:42 AM   #24
larroni

Thanks Bob, have been checking in here every day. Have eye on one in Ohio but Denver a little too far to drive from FL and then find we do not like it. Waiting to see what happens with the TM on ebay and also have a house for sale we need to bring money to the closing because of today's economy, just trying to get rid of it. So have to be very careful right now with spending money but I know someday we will get the TailManor of our dreams at a price we can afford. Thanks for all your suggestions, has been a really big help. RJ
Old 07-02-2009, 06:43 PM   #25
4Kids2Dogs

I'd offer my lowest bid first, you can always go up from there. If the seller doesn't like the offer, he will probably counter offer. DH always says he can talk for his money easier than he can work for it! You never know what they will take until you try!
1995 Ford F-150 w/Prodigy BC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
4Kids2Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 01:08 PM   #26
Sherrylynnc

Smile Used TrailManors

I completely agree that buying from Ebay is probably not the best way to purchase a TrailManor. We just made a new purchase of a 2009 Model in the Dallas area and feel like we got a great buy. With 2 year warranty. We looked on Craigslist too for a second hand model, but decided as much as we enjoy camping, and we wanted the best light weight camper on the market, that we owed it to ourselves to buy new. The Cleburne RV dealer in Texas has some really great deals on 2009 models. We did our homework before we made our purchase and in a five state area, no one could come close to their prices. Not even close.

We are first time RV buyers too so we have a lot to learn. I'm so glad I found this site. I might have been in a tent popup camper if I hadn't found out about TrailManors.

Glad your here.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:48 PM   #27
OneMoBear
TrailManor Master

I would suggest every new owner download this user guide http://tmphotos.org/Mike%20and%20Kelly.pdf and have it with you when you pick up your TM. It has been our best friend on a number of occasions.
Malinda
Thule for our tandem Hobie Kayak :-)
120w Solar Panel - 2.5" lift 15" Marathons
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
OneMoBear is offline   Reply With Quote