TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2005, 08:01 AM   #1
Hondo

Default Buying a two or three year old Trailmanor

I have a few questions for those who have purchased a used Trailmanor.
1)What types of things had to be fixed?
2)Was there much expense?
3)Did you do the work yourself? Was it difficult getting the correct information to do the repair right? How long did it take to get parts?
4)If a dealer did the repairs, how satisfied were you with the quality and price of the repairs?
5)I have read on the Forum that screws and fasteners often work their way loose. Is it just a matter of replacing the fastener or do you have to replace it with the next size up.
Old 03-26-2005, 06:26 PM   #2
BobRederick

Hondo

I bought a 1 year old '04 3326. It was like new and smelled new. Very few problems, but I love to tinker with it.

I had a problem with the gas refrig not lighting -- needed a nut tightened behind the control panel. I learned the trick from Hal in Colorado.

You might have to change the bolts on the front and rear awnings. They tend to turn freely when you use the awnings. Or you can peen the hole to tighten the grip on the bolt.

I bought a can of spray teflon for all the hinges, the jacks, and the door locks. That doesn't collect dust like oil. You will do well to keep the hitch ball greased.

Get some fuses to match those in the TM from Checker or AutoZone. They are automotive fuses.

Get a collection of bungees. I lifted my interconnect cable to the TV up with a bungee around the front jack. This prevents it from getting caught (again) in the hitch & anti sway.

There is a listing of supplies on the site for things like sewer hose, fresh water and grey water hoses. Don't forget TV mirrors.

Kitchen, bath, and bedding supplies will make a long list.

You will be making a lot of stops at Wal-Mart and Camping World, so get used to it....

No doubt you will find an entirely different list of "must haves". Its all part of the fun.

Enjoy that new camper.

Bob
Old 03-27-2005, 08:32 AM   #3
lprefsell

Smile

Hi Hondo

Purchased 2001-2720 10 mo ago...6000 miles & 34 over nights with reasonable maintenance I think. Greased bearings and adjusted breaks with info off this forum myself. Broken door latch hinge, and refer knob...parts under $10 ea and shipped less that a week, self install. Tightened a few screws along the way...had to go to larger ones on front bed latches. Find most repairs not troublesome and kind of fun. Most owners that do basic fixing up around the house will manage a TM just fine...everthing is quite simple and accessable in my mind. Factory response and forum response both excellant. Happy Camping, Paul & Kathy
Old 04-08-2005, 06:25 PM   #4
Texasgranny

Default Texasgranny

We purchased a 7 year old TM seven years ago from a dealer - it had been a trade in. The only problem we had during the 30 day warranty was that a wire in the 120 volt system of the refrig worked loose. The dealer fixed that - but would have replace the whole 120 volt system if that was what was needed. We had no more problems at all for over 2 years, then we had to replace the water heater (my husband did that himself). Then in another couple of years, the refrigerator lost its coolant and the whole unit had to be replaced. Again my husband did the work. We have just last month had to do some work on the toilet - but remember this unit is now fourteen years old.
Old 04-11-2005, 11:05 AM   #5
Hondo

Thanks for the feedback. It sounds like a two or three year old unit is a great bargain.