TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-29-2004, 03:01 PM   #1
G-V_Driver
Site Sponsor

Default Bag seal damage--design defect?

I may be going nuts. I thought I posted this but can't find it so here it comes again. It's important enough that I would rather post it twice than not at all.

After one night in the new (to us) camper, I noticed that the rear bag seal that forms the seal for the bed was torn from top to bottom about one inch inboard from the outside wall. When I asked The Car Show maintenance folks, they said it was not unusual, and was caused by the sharp edge of the L-shaped bed arm support brackets (outboard corner only, since the arm protects the seal from the inboard corner when the bed is folded in) located on the lower back wall on each side of the trailer.

They also said that part of their normal delivery prep is to saw the outboard corner of the bracket off at a 45 degree angle then file off the corners and paint the edges. They think it is a design flaw and have evidently told the factory, but have seen no change so far. We sawed, filed and painted my brackets, and they repaired the seal cover and the problem appears to be corrected.

I post this in hopes that others might be able to correct this potential problem prior to finding their bag torn.

Wayne
G-V_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 08:59 AM   #2
Joe

We have our second TrailManor and have been in the TrailManor TrailBlazer club for almost 10 years and have never heard of this problem. I looked at our 1989 2720SL and it doesn't have the problem, but the corners of the brackets are sharp. Cutting and filing seems to be a good fix.
We plan to visit the factory about the first of October and I'll tell them about the problem.

Joe
Old 08-30-2004, 03:38 PM   #3
G-V_Driver
Site Sponsor

Car Show technicians said they had informed TM factory about recurring problems and their practice of cutting off the sharp corner, but had received no indication the factory intended to address it.

Wayne
G-V_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote