TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2013, 10:15 PM   #11
irenepl

I drove over 2700 miles for our current TM and about 2250 miles for our first TM. They are very scarce in our region but been very happy with it and more importantly------- the wife is happy with it!!!!!
Old 09-07-2013, 08:43 AM   #12
tgpmd1
TrailManor Master

Welcome to the TM family! Hopefully you'll join as a full member and see all the wonderful posts other members have contributed.
Prodigy Brake Controller
2.5" Factory Lift Kit
15" Dexstar Wheels
15" Karrier Loadstar Tires w/TR-416 Stems
Bill's Screen Door kit
And a host of other mods...

14 y.o. 'Sasha' (aka 'Miss Kitty), started fostering 12/24/10 and adopted 3/15/11

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tgpmd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:50 AM   #13
Sopper

Smile Yay!

After a round trip of 714 miles, our Trailmanor 2720 is now in our garage! A WDH was included with the trailer and did make some difference on the ride height and ease of pulling. I will definately be investing in a brake controller as I would like to use the on-board brakes and lessen the work done by the Xterra (saw heavier than normal brake dust on the front wheels after our trip home.

On another side, we got to meet the previous owners (we bought the unit through a dealer) and they were fantastic people! The previous owners GAVE us the wheel casters that they used to scoot the trailmanor around their garage!

Thus far we have had a fantastic experience with our TM. We are hoping to do a quick camping trip this weekend and test her out!

-Jason
Sopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:00 AM   #14
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Sopper -

Again, welcome to the club, and congratulations on your new-to-you trailer. I'm impressed that you drove 350 miles without trailer brakes. That's a really bad idea, especially since the trailer probably outweighs your tow vehicle. I hope you are serious about "investing in a brake controller". I suggest one that says "proportional" or "inertia", and avoid anything that says "time" or "delay". A good choice for new owners is a Prodigy, but there are others.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:02 AM   #15
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sopper View Post
After a round trip of 714 miles, our Trailmanor 2720 is now in our garage! A WDH was included with the trailer and did make some difference on the ride height and ease of pulling. I will definately be investing in a brake controller as I would like to use the on-board brakes and lessen the work done by the Xterra (saw heavier than normal brake dust on the front wheels after our trip home.

On another side, we got to meet the previous owners (we bought the unit through a dealer) and they were fantastic people! The previous owners GAVE us the wheel casters that they used to scoot the trailmanor around their garage!

Thus far we have had a fantastic experience with our TM. We are hoping to do a quick camping trip this weekend and test her out!

-Jason
Sopper, glad your home safe. In regards to brakes, your pulling illegally without the brake controller. All trailers more than 3k lbs in most states require brake controllers. That loaded 4k lb trailer will push you and your TV through an intersection in a panic stop situation. In case of an accident, any personal and property damage to you and anyone else would be your responsibility and your insurance may not cover.

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:04 AM   #16
Sopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Sopper -

Again, welcome to the club, and congratulations on your new-to-you trailer. I'm impressed that you drove 350 miles without trailer brakes. That's a really bad idea, especially since the trailer probably outweighs your tow vehicle. I hope you are serious about "investing in a brake controller". I suggest one that says "proportional" or "inertia", and avoid anything that says "time" or "delay". A good choice for new owners is a Prodigy, but there are others.

Bill
Bill,
Funny thing is...I never felt the 2720 'push' me while stopping. Braking seemed fairly normal. I am picking out a brake controller today (etrailers.com) and having a local shop install the unit and 7 pin hitch connector. I used a 4 pin to 7 pin converter to make it home.

-Jason
Old 09-09-2013, 07:39 AM   #17
Redtail Cruiser
TrailManor Master

Hi Jason,

Welcome to the Forum and congrats on your purchase. Another thing you should look at in regards to your TV is make sure it has a tranny cooler. If your planning longer trips that will take you over mountain ranges then you'll want to make sure your transmission won't overheat. Enjoy your TM!

"A man creates his own legacy. Create a legendary life"
Redtail Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:42 PM   #18
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sopper View Post
Bill,
Funny thing is...I never felt the 2720 'push' me while stopping. Braking seemed fairly normal. I am picking out a brake controller today (etrailers.com) and having a local shop install the unit and 7 pin hitch connector. I used a 4 pin to 7 pin converter to make it home.
Jason -

Good deal. I'm glad things felt fairly normal. On a straight and level paved road, a leisurely stop will indeed tend to feel normal. Now try it on a curve, or wet road, or sand from a construction site, or in an emergency situation. It will not feel normal.

I'm glad you are getting a controller - you will never regret it. Again, spend the few extra bucks for "proportional" or "inertial".

And finally, be aware that a 4-pin to 7-pin converter does NOT enable the electric brakes. It simply brings the right turn, left turn, running lights, and ground from the original connector into the trailer. No brakes, no backup lights, and no battery charge line.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:06 PM   #19
Sopper

Proportional brake controller has been ordered and appointment has been made for an install with seven pin addition this coming Friday. All should be in place before we head out again this weekend.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:21 PM   #20
hillbillyhotel
TrailManor Master

hello and welcome
glad all went well getting home,
i must admit, there was a time i ran all the time without a wdh or brakeing , heck we had a big ole truck , then these fine folks educated me, this summer we have logged more miles then in a while,
with the things learned here ,our tv and tm was preped and ready for the road, or at least i felt like we was more prepared.
for what it is worth, still best $12.00 doller ever spent.

RANDY & VICKIE
2003 3124 KS
TV 02 AVALANCHE 2500 4X4 8.1L
W/ PRODIGY B.C.,MAXXIS 10 PLY,HONDA 3000I

TM HISTORY
(88) TM 25 KING, (91) TM 23,(98) 3023, (03) 3124KS
hillbillyhotel is offline   Reply With Quote