TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2010, 01:27 PM   #1
SwampYankee

Default Where to get the best deal new?

I am new to trailer buying and initially thought I would get a popup, but after seeing the TM I have decided to try to swing one, or a hybrid.

I found an online dealer of Jayco Expandables who will discount the trailer pretty deep. Are there any such dealers of TM? I like the idea of no canvas, but it looks like I would have to pay around $24k minimum for a new TM. Any idea of the % off I should shoot for with one? (A 23ft Jayco lists for approx $24K and I have a quote at around $18k.)

Also, is the extra value really in the towing ease? Any other big things to consider?

Thanks
Old 07-06-2010, 02:02 PM   #2
Mr. Adventure
TrailManor Master

If I was going to buy a new Trailmanor, I would contact the two or three nearest dealers by Email and ask them for quotes (and, I might freely share what I was learning with them if I thought that would help the negotiations along). One of the advantages of buying an RV from a dealer is that they can get you set up with the trailer hitch and teach you a lot of what you need to know about TrailManors and trailering. If you have to drive a few hundred miles for the right deal, just think of it as part of the adventure.

The TrailManor is much easier to tow than a full height travel trailer, because the lower side profile and lower center of gravity make it much more stable on the road, and TrailManors are built to be a lot lighter than equivalent standard travel trailers. The TrailManor hard sides and insulation are much better for sound and weather control than canvas.

Let us know how it turns out!
Prodigy brake controller.

"It's not how fast you can go, it's how fast you can stop an RV that counts."
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:37 PM   #3
mbd4kids

You could also consider a used unit. There are some posted on this site, and I have seen some posted on other web sites, and even craigslist. While you wouldn't get the hitch and extra info as mentioned above, you could get a very nice unit for a significant savings. Just a thought.
mbd4kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:42 PM   #4
NYJeff

Consider storage. The TM may fit in your garage; a hybrid likely won't.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:47 PM   #5
rumbleweed

When you are looking, look at windows. For it's size, TN has lots of window are for light and cross ventilation. I have several friends with full size TT and they are all envious of the light and ventilation in my TM. Also consider resale. TM's tend to hold their value better.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:54 PM   #6
Bluegrass

See my thread on the subject of bottom line price: http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=6998

If you give us an idea of what region of the country you are in, I'm sure you'll get some suggestions on what dealers to try or to avoid.

Keith
Old 07-06-2010, 07:22 PM   #7
SwampYankee

Thanks all, I'm in Connecticut and there is no dealer in the state. So I;ll have to travel to get anything...
Old 07-06-2010, 10:43 PM   #8
Redhawk

I'd also like to suggest not ruling out a used TM. We bought ours used and it was as good as new. Saved a lot of $$. A lot of people keep them garaged so that helps. It did take some studying of the manual, asking questions here and a lot reading to get up to speed, but it was actually pretty easy. The TM is designed so well that it kinda comes natural after a bit.

And as we found out, the first time you tow with a hard cross wind, you'll be VERY happy that you own a TM. Best of luck to you!
Old 07-07-2010, 02:45 AM   #9
ib4classics

We bought our used in like new condition. Seems like TM owners take more interest in maintaining and personalizing their trailers than other brands.
We traveled several hundred miles to get our used unit.
I use my rv to go places and do things, traveling to make the purchase is part of the adventure and opens up opportunities that may not otherwise be available.
Good luck
Old 07-07-2010, 05:41 AM   #10
rjlwork

We traveled from Ohio to Georgia because of price and the accessories on our Trailmini. I looked at www.rvtraderonline.com and called the dealer direct to negotiate. Well worth the trip to pick it up.

Judy
2010 Trailmini
2007 Buick Rendezvous