TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2007, 08:21 AM   #11
P M Owl

Leon,

I gotta get my full membership taken care of (I sluffed off carrying thru) because I don't think I can post photo's until then.
In the mean time, I'll remind myself to measure them, and post some dimensions, both individually, and in stacked configuration.

I'm sure you have probably seen them before (and maybe didn't register with you), possibly around a market or beverage store. They are the height of a 12 oz soft drink can, and will hold (I believe) 2 dozen cans.

My friend (and one-time supply source) operates a catering truck, and he graciously "liberated" about a dozen of them from his supplier. Unfortunately, that connection is no longer available to me, so my stash is jealously guarded.

Gary
Old 04-24-2007, 10:40 AM   #12
rjsmalley

Bill

Thanks for the information, it sounds like you both had all the bases covered with your design. Glad you mentioned what you can not see from the pictures.

Great ideas & tips from all - thanks.

Ray
Old 04-30-2007, 02:23 PM   #13
Leslie & Nick
TrailManor Master

Default Sink Cover

Whomever began this post - you have inspired me!

I think I'll make a sink cover for the TM - just like the 250K$ Class A's! I think there's a piece of Corian solid surface material that has been lurking in my garage for a few years now. My usual problem: Never wanted to throw it away because I might have need for it someday. Well that day has arrived!! I can't remember if piece is large enough, but it should be, as this was the waste piece left over when they cut out for the kitchen sink in the house.

Will post some pictures in a while.

Nick
Leslie & Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 03:15 PM   #14
Freedom

Our Corian pieces they cut up and made three cutting boards for us. The cutting boards are too small for the large sink in our 2619. I had the same thought! Too bad, because a Corian sink cover would have added some class! I hope your piece is big enough. I've been thinking about making something out of some nice plywood and stain it and put 3-4 coats of polyurethane on it.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:08 PM   #15
PopBeavers

I don't need a sink cover. I need a sprayer, so DW can wash her hair in the sink.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:09 AM   #16
CMarks

I just bought a standard wire rack that fits inside a cookie sheet and placed it over the left half of the sink, fits perfectly and I use it for clean dishes to drip dry
Old 05-01-2007, 03:29 PM   #17
natur_lover

Hi Nick,

Glad to be an inspiration and looking forward to seeing how your project turns out. Wish I had something like that I could use ...

Of course we're still waiting for our "baby". The anticipation is driving me nuts! I swear, waiting 9 months for each of our kids was easier

I finally broke down and called our dealer <again> cause I couldn't stand the wait ... apparently ours is getting shipped and hopefully will be there by the end of this week ... just can't wait to get my hands on the dang thing!
Old 05-17-2007, 02:40 PM   #18
natur_lover

Lightbulb

We finally picked up our 3023 ... Yeahhhh!

I measured the kitchen sink and on ours, the recessed part is 17" x 23" wide. I found a cutting board that measures 16" x 23" and ordered it ... I'll let you know how it works. If you want to see, I found Messermeister Wood Cutting Board, 16.00 in. x 23.00 in. at http://www.thebladeshop.com/index.as...OD&ProdID=2423.
Attached Images

Old 05-17-2007, 03:19 PM   #19
Leslie & Nick
TrailManor Master

Default New TM/Sink Cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by natur_lover View Post
We finally picked up our 3023 ... Yeahhhh!

Well congratulations Natur_Lover on the new TM. You'll have a great time with it! I know you can't wait for that first trip That sink cover looks very nice.

Freedom: Re: Sink Cover Project
Well you know what they say about 'the best laid plans of mice and men'.
The good news is that after combing over the garage, I found the piece(s) of Corian left over from sink cut outs for the then new kitchen countertop. The bad news is that both pieces are too small to fit the TM sink, or be of much use for anything else, because they cut holes in the centers in order to start the edge cuts. I'll just have to find another material. Might see if I can find a small piece of laminate to match the TM countertop, or I might see if can 'score' a piece of Corian from a local installer. Or, I might just buy one like Natur_Lover did.
Leslie & Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 09:40 PM   #20
natur_lover

Well it finally arrived today ... I couldn't wait to go out to the TM and try out the fit. I'd rate it as excellent! I showed my husband to get his opinion and he wanted to know if it was custom made! I highly suggest this as a solution to anyone wanting a little more "counter space".

Oh, and it matches the wooden stove cover I purchased from Camping World ... they look like they were made to match!