TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Recommended Campgrounds and Places to Visit
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2022, 11:37 AM   #1
FlowerPower

Default How to plan a trip for the first time -- need help!

I may actually get my camper on the road this fall! I'll be heading out to western states where amenities will be fewer, and am not sure how to plan for the unexpected...like breaking down or being too tired to keep driving to a pre-planned spot, for example. I've never pulled a camper before to travel and don't know what I don't know.

And when you stop in a small town pulling a trailer, where do you park if you have to stop for something not available at a convenience store? Or want to visit a local attraction?

My plan is stay in each place one night and head on down the road the next morning so the trailer will be hooked up for most of the trip.

I would really appreciate tips on how to pull this off -- or if it's unrealistic, tell me. Thank you!

Kathy, the Clueless Camper
2005 GMC Sierra
And a bunch of working dogs
FlowerPower is offline   Reply With Quote