TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-12-2012, 05:27 PM   #1
Dalat

Default Where is the Hot Water Tank

Hi All,

I just bought an used 3124KB TrailManor and trying to learn the TM myself. I have a few questions regarding the hot water tank.:

1. Where is the hot water tank?
2. Is the tank filled up and emptied automatically when I have the city water hooked up?
3. If I don't have the city water hooked up, is the hot water tank filled up when I fill up the fresh water tank.
4. How do I empty the hot water tank?
5. If the hot water tank is emptied, and I turn on the water heater (just for a few seconds), can the element burned out? If the element is burned out, does it cause all electrical outlet not working? Where is the element located it, and is it easy to replace?

Thanks everyone in advance for helping.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:38 PM   #2
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

1. Under the sink
2. Filled, yes, emptied, no
3. Yes
4.on the curb side of the TM, there is a panel. Tilt down and look for the pressure relief like valve to empty.
5.yes. There should be a rocker switch behind the same panel for on/off. Always keep it off for the electrical heater unit. It will burn the element when no water exists. I use the propane side of the heater when in use.

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:49 PM   #3
Barb&Tim
TrailManor Master

Just a note: Whether your using city water or your on-board water pump. The hot water faucets inside the TM need to be opened to allow the trapped air in the water heater and lines to escape. Once the air is out, the tank will be full.

Tim
Old 03-13-2012, 12:05 AM   #4
Dalat

Thank you Barb&Tim for helping out. I really appreciated your help.

But I still cannot picture how to get "the propane side of the heater when in use." I notice that there is a knot that I can select Propane, Electric, or Battery. But I thought this knot is for the heater. Also, where does the hot water valves locate?

Thanks.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:06 AM   #5
rumbleweed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcycleguy View Post
1. Under the sink
2. Filled, yes, emptied, no
3. Yes
4.on the curb side of the TM, there is a panel. Tilt down and look for the pressure relief like valve to empty.
5.yes. There should be a rocker switch behind the same panel for on/off. Always keep it off for the electrical heater unit. It will burn the element when no water exists. I use the propane side of the heater when in use.
Clarification to item #3. The hot water heater is not filled when you fill the fresh water tank You have to turn on the water pump and open the Hot water faucet to evacuate the air. If the water pump is off, no water goes to the Hot water tank.

Clarification to item #4. There is a black 1/4 turn valve under the TM just under the Hot water tank.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:07 AM   #6
klv5920

Check under "Trailmanor information you won't find anywhere else". On second page, Bill posted about the water heater.
Also, look through the manuals for the TrailManor that others have posted. Doesn't matter what style of TrailManor, most have the same appliances and hotwater heater and furnace.
Join the forum so when your trial runs out, you still have access to all of the information here. And there is a lot of it!! And if you don't have a written booklet with your TM, you will need it.
Good Luck
Karen
Old 03-13-2012, 10:32 AM   #7
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

The "propane / electric / battery" knob is probably on the front of the refrigerator, and controls the fuel for that appliance. Not related to the water heater. The water heater never uses battery.

I'm not sure where the water heater is located on a 3124, but it will be somewhere on the road side of the camper, down low or on the floor. Perhaps hidden in a cabinet, under a dinette seat, or the like. There is a louvered ventilation grill behind it on the outside wall, so there are only a couple places you have to look. The appliance itself looks like a fat horizontal cylinder, though hexagonal rather than round, with pipes and an electric cable coming out of it. It is covered in rigid white foam for insulation.

As klv5920 mentioned, I think you are going to want long-term access to the forum, and now is a good time to join. Go to the entry page of the forum at www.trailmanowners.com, and click the link for Sponsorship.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:31 PM   #8
ELM-JLM
TrailManor Master

Where are you, dq_ninh? A location might rendor some nearby help with hands on experience!

08 2619 TM W/The Works, 15" wheels X 4 (2 spares),
2015 Ford F 150 Platinum

Sold to someone that loves travel and camping as much as we do!

Love the forum so always checking in!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ELM-JLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:35 PM   #9
Dalat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELM-JLM View Post
Where are you, dq_ninh? A location might rendor some nearby help with hands on experience!
I am in Tacoma, WA. I just went to camping at Fort Stevens, Oregon last weekend (April 7/8). I got full hookup at the site, and the weather was nice.

The bad thing is that I cannot make the water heater works. Please help.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:46 PM   #10
clown9644

First, turn on a hot water tap and make sure you have a steady stream of water coming out to eliminate any possibility of damage to the heating element, once a steady flow you can turn it off.
On the front side of your (mine) kitchen sink look to see if there is a red toggle switch with on and off on it, it is beside the fluid level indicators on mine. Turn it to on and it should light red. You are actuating the tank heating system. To make sure you are ok I suggest making sure a full tank of gas is on line, this way you will heat with gas flame and electric for real fast hot water. The red light should go on and off a few times, it only lights when the unit is heating, off when temp is reached. If you are connected to shore power make sure your breaker to the heater is on, if not on shore or generator power you will only be able to heat with the gas. Mine has an auto light and yours should too.

Note- the gas line may need purged. Lite the stove which also may take a couple of minutes to get the air out and gas into the area. Once the stove is burning you should have a flame at the water tank very soon, possibly another few seconds to finish purging air out of the line feeding it. You should be able to go to the outside and feel heat (it will burn so be careful) once the unit is fired. Other than these suggestions I would have to lay hands on to make it go, and Toledo OH is too far away, but do post a response so I know you are running.