TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-29-2006, 06:58 PM   #1
akpezr

Default Black Water Tank

I have been a member of this forum for a while I have basically been a sideliner trying to learn more from the experience of Trailmanor owners. We like the product very much and feel one may be in our future. We have gotten a lot of valuable information from this forum and most of our questions have been answered. However, I have one question, that through my research of past posts, I have been unable to answer. Why does Trailmanor use a reciuculating toilet instead of the tradition RV toilet with a separate blackwater tank installed beneath the trailer?
Old 10-29-2006, 07:43 PM   #2
Walter Roach

Default Black Water weighs about 8.33 pounds per gallon

Quote:
Originally Posted by akpezr View Post
I have been a member of this forum for a while I have basically been a sideliner trying to learn more from the experience of Trailmanor owners. We like the product very much and feel one may be in our future. We have gotten a lot of valuable information from this forum and most of our questions have been answered. However, I have one question, that through my research of past posts, I have been unable to answer. Why does Trailmanor use a reciuculating toilet instead of the tradition RV toilet with a separate blackwater tank installed beneath the trailer?
A 20 or 30 gallon black water tank weighs a lot. One member a few weeks ago was discussing adding a 4 inch diameter black PVC pipe underneath to create a temporary holding capacity for a long-duration dry camping. He saw the idea on the marine side, as I recall.

Walter
Old 10-30-2006, 06:22 AM   #3
akpezr

So as I understand it, the PVC pipe alone was used to add capacity or did it connect to a holding tank?
Old 10-30-2006, 07:23 AM   #4
rotor_wash
Site Sponsor

Here's the link to ABS pipe used as plumbing extention/storage tank. Unfortunately the photos have dissapeared.
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ht=black+water

2002 3124KS
2007 Tahoe
Solar
rotor_wash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 05:02 PM   #5
akpezr

I tried the link, unfortunately this is what I get:

"akpezr, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation. "

Regarding black water tank, I got the weight issue reponse from Trailmanor. As much as I like the Trailmanor, I don't think my "personal system" will not agree with a recirculating toilet. Thanks for you help.

ed rzepka
Old 10-30-2006, 07:12 PM   #6
ripp1202
TrailManor Master

"ripp1202, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation. "

I get the same thing whats- up????
Old 10-30-2006, 07:29 PM   #7
Doug W.

Ripp is the one that did the mod. He basically added enough black PCV pipe to dump the TM toilet into it, thus doubling the time between dumps. Back on subject, I think the main reason for the recirculating toilet is dry camping. You charge the recirculating toilet with 3 gallons of water. We can use ours many times over the course of two or three days. With a normal toilet, you would need water from the fresh water supply for each and every flush. That is a big drain on the fresh water holding tank. The 3124KS can only have a 20 gallon water tank, so I doubt I would get through a weekend dry camping without the recirculating toilet. Only the 2619, 2720, 3023 and 3124KB have a 40 gallon fresh water tank option. I am looking at adding another fresh water holding tank to my 3124KS in the cabinet to the right of the refrigerator. Anybody do that mod already?
Old 10-31-2006, 04:31 PM   #8
tucsoncarol
Site Sponsor

Default Ripp 1202

Would you post your pictures on the Trailmanor owner's Frappr site or something, so they can be viewed again by the readers of this thread. I know I saw them when the project was new but now I'd like to refresh my memory.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:25 PM   #9
akpezr

Some want a 40 gallon tank option which seems to me somewhat negates the weight issue argument. Since we have really only dry camped once when owing a pop-up years ago I would rather substitute a black water tank. Actually, I have only used the onboard pump for winterizing. In the 17 years we have been RVing, we have owned three pop-ups, a travel trailer and two fifth wheels and never traveled with fresh water, grey water or black water. I have always tried to keep weight down. So a black water tank system would be more of a convenient for us as well as to avoid the smell thing I have read about in this forum. But I guess if this system is working well for Trailmanor from the business perspective, I guess it is a good business decision to keep producing it this way. Can’t please everybody. But the Trailmanor really is a great product.

ed
Old 10-31-2006, 08:43 PM   #10
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripp1202 View Post

"ripp1202, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

I get the same thing whats- up????
Ripp -

It appears that you have let your sponsorship expire! Wow, never thought it would happen, but you are listed as a "Registered Guest". If this is not correct, contact Chris - but that is what is being reflected in the "no permission to access" message.

Are you still with us?

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote