TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2021, 09:55 AM   #1
TK4444

Default Debating Purchase of 2011 TM 3124KB

Hello all! I am new to this forum and joined yesterday. We have a friend who loves his TrailManor and did his research before purchasing years ago. We're now thinking about purchasing one as well. We found a 2011 TM 3124KB for sale online yesterday, located 2 hours driving distance from us. The owner said it has had three previous owners and that she and her family have only owned it a few months. They have decided to sell because her husband's new work schedule has changed their traveling plans. She seemed to be very up front in listing the mostly minor repairs she is currently aware it will need. The previous owner installed tape to prevent a leak. But the current owner has not detected leaks in the midst of very heavy rains since they have owned it. The pictures show it to be in very good shape, inside and out. But I have a feeling it was not been stored with a covering of any kind. She did mention that the hydraulic built-in stabilizing jacks are acting a little weak, but can be raised manually as well. Since we have never owned a TM, is this manual process difficult? My husband has had three back surgeries. Would I be able to manually raise the unit, if it proves to be too much for him? The asking price for this 10 year old TrailManor is 12K. Is this a good investment, even if we may find that it is in need of repair? Our sons both live 5 hours from us and we are wanting to invest in a good, reliable rv that will give us many years of great use as we travel the miles to visit them. Thank you, in advance, for your great insight. We are not in a hurry and want to be wise in our purchase.
TK4444 is offline   Reply With Quote