TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-25-2014, 05:22 PM   #1
Silverdale Manor

Default A couple of solutions...

When we got our 1999 2619TM in Aug of 2012....the first I noticed besides the atrocious smell from the nasty carpet, was the claustraphobicness of the bathroom door. Such a pain! Especially the way it opens from the back vs the front. So we took it of ASAP and replaces with really nice cloth shower curtain and topper. We used a very small expandable cafe rod and the thin metal shower hooks. It hooks above the door opening and comes down and collasps and rolls up to fit in the sink when traveling. The topper is velcroed over the outside top of the door opening. This is nice because you can keep it closed or open based on your privacy wants/needs.
Also we adapted a hanging horizontal shoe rack that hangs over the shower wall either on the bed side or over the tub side depending if we will be using the shower/tub on the trip. It keeps 2 to 3 pairs of shoes, flip flops, and slippers for all of us (DH and DS and myself SW). We also hang a double hook over the kitchen/bathroom wall that holds fruit/veggies baggies when on long trips and want to stop at produce stands during our stays. We keep a Bluapple preserver in each bag.
Ive seen posts about sewer hose storage. We keep the hose in the back bumper but have to tape one end cuz it likes to pop open while traveling (lost part of our hose this past summer the hard way). In the back storage compartment btwn the sewer hose storage and the camper, we store all things sewer related including an expandable hose for cleaning the sewer hose and hand sanitizer.
We built a compartment for a blue tote when going on long trips (MN & WI campgrounds did not all have sewer hook ups) this keeps it separate and prevents contaminating everything else in the truck. I found the post for this online.
We added eye hooks to the inside bottom portion of the walls of the armoire so we could store sheets, beach towels, & blankets in the bottom. We attached bungee cords crisscross over the storage. This keeps them from flipping all over in the closet when folded down to the floor. Also we applied a small cargo net to the inside of the door to hold our first aid kit and traveling iron.
We installed several small LED battery push lights. A waterproof one on the ceiling in the shower area, one in the armoire, and 3 under the overhead cabinets over the front bunk (which I found that the new TM have lights there now...I hate the 2 front candelabras in mine). I keep a small one out on the vanity when camping in case I need a small amount of light during the night while in the bathroom so not to wake anyone.
We put in an eye/hook system to hold open the overhead cupboard doors when wanting to get in and out of them. (they slam down on you otherwise...hate it) also there...I installed the tension bars you can use in the refrig to hold my items safely into the overhead cabinets....when they were full they liked to pop open...not anymore.
Just a few things we did...also need extra storage space...we used a 3 drawer rolling cart for my sons clothes...took the wheels off and store it in the bathroom btwn the toilet and the vanity when traveling...also the microwave stores down there in front of the toilet. We then put the cart up on his back bed next to the armoire. Holds plenty of clothes, a stuffed animal or two and some books.
I am an organization junkie! When we have looked at other trailers at the RV Supershows () I always look for 3 things....plenty of storage, queen or king bed for us and bunks for my son.
Any questions....give a hollar. I hope one or more of the ideas might help someone out there. I have more ie curtains, floors, and dying old cushion covers. Take care...Happy Camping!

Tags
bathroom, organization, solutions, storage