TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Recommended Campgrounds and Places to Visit
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-17-2010, 10:47 PM   #1
tgpmd1
TrailManor Master

Default Deep Creek / Greenbrier / Gettyburg?

I just bought a 2006 2720SL Thursday and am working this week on fixing up to take out in a couple of weeks. Please let me know what campground you stayed at at Deep Creek and if you would recommend with your TM. I'm thinking of Greenbrier State Park or KOA Gettysburg for our trial run.

Thanks!
Prodigy Brake Controller
2.5" Factory Lift Kit
15" Dexstar Wheels
15" Karrier Loadstar Tires w/TR-416 Stems
Bill's Screen Door kit
And a host of other mods...

14 y.o. 'Sasha' (aka 'Miss Kitty), started fostering 12/24/10 and adopted 3/15/11

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tgpmd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:27 PM   #2
EAKlebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgpmd1 View Post
I just bought a 2006 2720SL Thursday and am working this week on fixing up to take out in a couple of weeks. Please let me know what campground you stayed at at Deep Creek and if you would recommend with your TM. I'm thinking of Greenbrier State Park or KOA Gettysburg for our trial run.

Thanks!
If you want full hook up, there's only one up there that is pretty decent:
Bumble Bee RV park and campground.
Double G RV park is almost exclusively full time permanent sites, and few transient sites which are very close together and out in the open.
The state parks are O.K. but Deep Creek Lake State Park is somewhat difficult cuz a lot of the sites are up narrow, curvy roads.
Swallow Falls has a number of nice sites, but only two or three full hook ups and they are usually already reserved.
Downside to Bumble Bee is: no cable TV and no internet access
Double G has cable TV and wifi access
State parks have neither.
Bumble Bee did have a number of people using direct TV and also conventional TV antennas.

I liked Bumble Bee and if we decide to go up for Autumn Glory festival in first week of October, will probably go there. The bath house is immaculate, but only two shower stalls. However, since most of the people there had large trailers, there was never any trouble getting to use the facility.

Also has some coin operated washers and dryers.

By the way, you don't say what type of vehicle u have, but for Deep Creek Lake area I very, very, very much recommend a good brake controller.

There is another campground that is VERY nice, but it is accross the Potomac river near Jennings Randolf lake
but there are (since it's West Virginia) quite steep grades to get in there.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:08 AM   #3
tgpmd1
TrailManor Master

I looked up the Bumble Bee RV park. Looks great, but did you see that it's for sale by the owner. We'll have to see if we make it up there before it's sold.

Also, I called New Germany State Park, which is my favorite campground they gave me list of sites that would work best for my TM. One thing that I didn't realize is that all state parks in MD now allow dogs in certain loops. Interesting.
Prodigy Brake Controller
2.5" Factory Lift Kit
15" Dexstar Wheels
Bill's Screen Door kit

14 y.o. 'Sasha' (aka 'Miss Kitty), started fostering 12/24/10 and adopted 3/15/11

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 07-31-2010, 07:43 PM   #4
rumbleweed

The change to allow dogs in all MD state parks is a phased in change with some parks not coming on board until Oct of this year. Be sure to check before you take the dog it is on a park by park basis.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:49 AM   #5
HIKERZ
TrailManor Master

Deep creek campground is right outside the park. There are full hookups and deep creek runs through it so there are some waterfront sites. But lots of peoples it is a rental area for tubers
Old 08-03-2011, 08:22 AM   #6
Mkilmurry

Default Greenbriar was awesome

We just stayed at Greenbriar State Park (Cedar loop site number 15) and it was awesome. The campground is immaculate and the lake with beach is prestine. I definitely recommend going.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:05 AM   #7
tgpmd1
TrailManor Master

We love Greenbrier when we tent camped. Thanks for letting us know which site was great with your TM. Hope to get there soon.
Prodigy Brake Controller
2.5" Factory Lift Kit
15" Dexstar Wheels
Bill's Screen Door kit

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]