TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2013, 06:13 AM   #1
Cotech50

Default So many dealers so few units midwest

Began researching alternatives to a popup not wanting canvas bunks I found the Fleetwood outback but have 2008 chev trailblazer and read info from folks that trailblazer may not be sufficient to tow possible stress on transmission. I started looking at Trail manor units and researching shows me thre are many supposed dealers but very few units in the Midwest. Not wanting to spend thousands to get a new tow vehicle surprised of so few in Midwest vs other parts of the country.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:05 AM   #2
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

Quite true - no nearby dealer in many areas. But, in my opinion, TrailManors are worth the effort to go see them. To me, they are a great travel trailer. Easier to tow, use less fuel to tow, and only take two or thee extra minutes to "move into" at a campsite, than a solid TT.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:48 AM   #3
Lesherp
Site Sponsor

You could try searching on the internet for used units in your area. You never know what you might find. There was no down side for us buying used. If you can find a good one you can save some money for vacations.

Dealer Options:swing tongue, sink cabinet, awning, air conditioning, tile

Modification: 15“ tires & monitor system, WDH, Prodigy B.C., 2-6 V. batteries & clipper monitor, LED's. Additional modifications can be seen in albums.
Pictures of campsites and places we visited can be seen at https://www.flickr.com/photos/101899116@N06/sets/.

Lesherp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 02:11 PM   #4
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotech50 View Post
Began researching alternatives to a popup not wanting canvas bunks I found the Fleetwood outback but have 2008 chev trailblazer and read info from folks that trailblazer may not be sufficient to tow possible stress on transmission. I started looking at Trail manor units and researching shows me thre are many supposed dealers but very few units in the Midwest. Not wanting to spend thousands to get a new tow vehicle surprised of so few in Midwest vs other parts of the country.
We have an Outback, 5000# dry weight. It is set up as a bunk house at the fish camp. To go camping we take the TM we bought in Texas.

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 11:03 PM   #5
Bailey'sMom
Site Sponsor

I bought mine sight unseen from a non trailmanor dealer in Colorado Springs just over a month ago. Paid to have someone tow it here. Uship.com was also used by another TM owner to get their unit home.

I had good experience.

(RIP Bailey - 12/6/2020)
Welcome Sophie DOB 1/5/2021
Mini Goldendoodle (who's not so mini)

New to me 2010. 2720SD TrailManor
New to me 2010 Chevy Traverse

Both purchased July 2013

Factory installed 80W solar panel.

New batteries June 30th 2018.
(SLIGC115 Duracell Ultra 6V Deep Cycle Golf Cart Battery x 2)
New bag seals Sept 2020
Rohent R7 HD 1080P RV Wireless Backup Camera Installed Sept 2020
Bailey'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:29 AM   #6
rumbleweed

You don't say where you are, but there are TM owners everywhere in the US. If you post your location, City/St, there may be an owner near you that would be happy to show you their TM. This is a very friendly, helpful and well managed forum. You should find nothing but help here. IMHO the effort will be well worth it.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:37 PM   #7
ArkyDoodle

Default TM Forum Members list by State

That'd be a great addition to this forum, some way you could look at the members list by state. That way maybe I could find "local" TM owners that would be willing to show me their TM (maybe that should be indicated on the members list too).....For me, since the nearest TM dealer is hundred of miles away, just trying to look at a TM turns into a very time consuming and pricey excursion.
ArkyDoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:11 PM   #8
clown9644

I am in the Toledo area and near a dealer. Some folks are not comfortable with name and address type information wide open on the web. However if an interested party were to put a posting that said something like "I live near Denver CO and am interested in TMs, but have never seen one. Is there anyone who owns one that would let me take a look at theirs?" You would get answers I am sure, cause the folks on this forum are just that way.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:14 PM   #9
moaboy

Many of us list the cities in which we are located, so you can get a sense there or you can join the TM Trailblazers Club and they publish a Directory with members names, addresses and even what model TM they own.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:33 PM   #10
Robert's TM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey'sMom View Post
I bought mine sight unseen from a non trailmanor dealer in Colorado Springs just over a month ago. Paid to have someone tow it here. Uship.com was also used by another TM owner to get their unit home.

I had good experience.

I live in Ks. Went to Indiana to pick mine up..... Am very happy with it. !!!!!

Bought it off a dealership lot that I found in RVTrader.com.
Though we had a relative in In. that looked at it first to make sure it was worth coming to see.