TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-13-2011, 07:35 PM   #1
bcklsh

Default Our New to us TM

Thanks to you all, you didn't know it, but you've helped us immensely in our research on TM. We purchased a 1998 2720SL yesterday. Got a STEAL of a deal on it. Thanks to the sellers, I know they could have gotten more, but they sold to us anyway. We sold an 86 Skamper pup a few weeks ago and have been looking to upgrade since. We just lucked into this one. I have tons of old paperwork and it looks like this camper has seen some of your past years rallies. It belonged to Richard and Teme. I see they haven't been active in a while, but I thought it was kinda cool this one has come back around. I spend the day cleaning the interior, top to bottom, seal to seal. It was smoked in, and we are both "reformed smokers". I am not complaining mind you, but it looks all sparkly no that the walls and ceilings are clean. Also did the curtains in washer and the carpets with Resolve granules. Exterior is tomorrow and then packing for a hopeful weekend trip to somewhere close by. My forward lights and fridge on ac aren't working, but i read the electrical forum tonight and realize it may be an easy fix in both cases, too dark and too tired to go try tonight though.

Just wanted to pop in for my first post and say thanks.

Powhatan, VA
Old 03-13-2011, 07:41 PM   #2
Jim&Joan

Default Enjoy

Your new toy. We have been enjoying our 'new to us' trailer and glad to be out of the snowy weather cycle and planning trips now.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:46 PM   #3
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Bcklsh -

You're gonna love it! Keep coming back to this board for Q&A - the members are really great about answering questions. After all, we were all newbies once.

Eventually, you may want to become a Sponsor. You still have a couple weeks left on your free trial membership - but I think you'll miss it when it expires.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:08 AM   #4
HIKERZ
TrailManor Master

I agree with Bill. Joining is easily the best $12 I have spent. I purchased a 2720SL about 18 months ago. I had an electrical problem and found the solution by doing a search. A 30 minute fix. Many RV shop repairs involve labor upwards of $100 an hour
Old 03-14-2011, 06:19 AM   #5
bcklsh

I fully intend to become a Sponsor, even I was to never use the board again (which isn't the case) I have already gotten my money's worth out and owe at least that!

Julie
Old 03-14-2011, 07:36 AM   #6
rumbleweed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcklsh View Post
I fully intend to become a Sponsor, even I was to never use the board again (which isn't the case) I have already gotten my money's worth out and owe at least that!

Julie
Be aware that the forum and the TM owners group are two separate things. Both have a value, but are very different and separate things.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:05 AM   #7
ng2951

Congratulations!