TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-15-2008, 01:54 PM   #11
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Al -

To maintain continuity, I added the photos you requested to my post above.

You don't have an outlet in the hallway near the converter? Perhaps that showed up in 2004 or later. This would be the easiest one to add since, if you pull the converter out of the wall, all the wires are right there, and there is plenty of room to work.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 02:18 PM   #12
Al-n-Sue

I don't recall an outlet over the converter, but I'll check that out next time I get it out of storage. This access should make it easier to add an outlet in the trunk storage as well. I like the outlet next to the counter extension for the microwave. How did you run the wire for that one? (or is there a post somewhere that describes it?)
Thanks.
Alan
Old 04-15-2008, 04:15 PM   #13
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Al -

No, the thread disappeared some time back for some reason.

The outlet for the microwave has to be surface mounted (Wiremold). There isn't enough width in the vertical wooden piece (stile?) to allow you to cut a hole for a conventional outlet box. Be sure you measure the available width before you buy the box - I seem to recall that there are a couple widths available, and you want the narrowest. You also want a shallow box, so it doesn't protrude into the hallway. And it should be metal, for strength.

You don't need any of the Wiremold channel - you drill a hole behind the box and feed it from the back. I picked up a feed for this outlet, as well as the one by the door, from the outlet box on the outside of the TM. It happens to be located quite nicely for this purpose. In addition, it is a big box, with plenty of room for connections. When you are done and put it back in, you can consider windproofing it - I seem to get quite a lot of cold air through this box on a windy day.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 06:58 PM   #14
Doug W.

I have one of these patches on my trailer. It runs from under the power, cable TV and phone jack on the road side to the three door dresser/TV cabinet on the curb side. The dresser/TV cab has an outlet and cable connection. I have been told that is how TM gets the wiring to the curb side of the trailer.

I have the same problem as the original poster. I found two issues. First it looked like it had not been clean well enough. There was dirt under the RTV and on the surface that came loose. Second it had only come loose in some places. There was not enough RTV in those places.

I basically did as Bill suggested. I pulled all the staple loose. I took the entire patch loose including the the parts that were sticking. I cleaned all the metal where the RTV would go with laquer thinner. I used plenty or RTV, put in new stamples and the wiped up the excess RTV than came out. I made sure to seal the outside seam between the patch and the trailer with the excess RTV. I did this patch over a year ago and no problems yet.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:25 PM   #15
partipim
Site Sponsor

Thank for all the feedback. I went back to the dealer last night looked at other 3023s and found that this in not a repair as stated here in the thread and can be found on other trailers of the same size. However ours was poorly done in comparison to the others we looked at. fortunately we have a great dealer who advised all we would have to do is bring it in and they would make it right. When I asked if I needed to make an appointment I was advised that all I needed to do was bing it in. I am very pleased with my choice of trailer and dealer and am glad to see this is not a repair. Thanks again
partipim is offline   Reply With Quote