TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2020, 06:25 PM   #1
l&cnewell

Default We finally got a TM!!!

Hello All!

Well, it took 5 years, but I finally convinced my husband to get a TrailManor. Granted, it's a 2003, but it's a 3124KB. We've had a popup tent trailer since 2004 when our girls were little (2004 Fleetwood Westlake). However, the last time we went camping, he was finally convinced that we had grown out of the tent trailer. I've been wanting a camper with hard walls and real windows, but living in a community with an HOA severely limited our options. I looked into Hi-Lo's for a while. They're cute and have more traditional trailer features, but they all seemed a little on the small side. Then I stumbled on to the TrailManor and knew instantly that was what we needed.

The moon and stars finally aligned and we found the 3124KB in California and drove there this past weekend to buy it. It's in great shape for it's age and most of the few things that need to be replaced are cosmetic (plastic parts that eventually cracked).

There are features on the TM that we are unfamiliar with, like the whole sewer/tanks stuff, but I'm sure most of those questions have been addressed here. And if not, I have a feeling this is the best place to get answers to most of my silly questions.

I will definitely want to do some girly stuff on the inside, but that can wait until the off-season. For now, we can't wait to clean and pack it up and enjoy it this summer! 2020 has definitely been a crap-fest and the AZ mountains are calling!

I just wanted to say "Hi!" and I'm so excited to finally be a part of TM family.

Cheers,
Cindy

P.S. Know anyone in AZ who's looking for a popup tent trailer with king beds and a toilet/shower? LOL
2003 TM 3124KB
l&cnewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 07:12 PM   #2
Larryjb
Site Sponsor

Welcome C@L! (From L@C (Larry and Carol)

We didn't waste too much time getting ours a few years ago, but the right deal came at the right time for us. We've taken our trailer from Vancouver Canada to Anaheim CA and thoroughly enjoyed the trip. We invested into a HarvestHosts membership where we can stay at wineries overnight for free! (We buy a couple of bottles of wine of course).

And you'd be surprised how what seems like a silly question can develop into a full discussion, especially where <ahem> toilet issues are concerned. You'll want to look at the latest in venting, and you will be very happy you did!

Enjoy. Just so you know, this is the only forum I actually pay for. It's been well worth my money (and no, I'm not being paid to say that).

Larry and Carol

2002 Tahoe
2008 4.6 Explorer
2001 2720SD

Various TM images that you may or may not find elsewhere:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/album.php?u=11700
Larryjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 06:37 PM   #3
l&cnewell

I don't know how to reply with a quote yet, but THANK YOU for the welcome.

You mentioned paying for a subscription to this forum. Can you explain more? I was not aware that there was something more I needed to do to complete my activation. Or, is a subscription something in addition to this forum?

I guess I missed the payment part. I don't want to get kicked off, so if you would let me know what else I need to do, I would be grateful.
2003 TM 3124KB
l&cnewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 07:28 PM   #4
Larryjb
Site Sponsor

You have a trial period that lasts for a couple of weeks. So, for now, you have access to everything. My screen as a paid subscriber, looks different. But, if you click on " User CP" , you should see a subscription option at the bottom left.

2002 Tahoe
2008 4.6 Explorer
2001 2720SD

Various TM images that you may or may not find elsewhere:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/album.php?u=11700
Larryjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 07:52 PM   #5
cire74

Congratulations and welcome to the party! I bought my Trailmanor on Sunday, a 2010 2720. They are absolutely amazing from a technological standpoint. I too live in an HOA community and had to fit something in my garage. I looked at Hi-Lo trailers as well but the Trailmanor won hands down. I have been soaking up knowledge from this forum for a few weeks, and the information is infinite.

I already went through the entire Trailmanor binder that came with my trailer yesterday on my flight home, which included every instruction manual for every appliance and mechanical function in the trailer. Took maybe 1.5 hours and now I know how evertything functions.

What are you using as a tow vehicle?
cire74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 08:00 PM   #6
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

When you go to the entry page of the Forum

www.trailmanorowners.com

you will see the info about becoming a Site Sponsor.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2003, 3124kb, new owners