TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-17-2006, 10:11 PM   #1
msager

Default 12DC Refrigerator

I need some clarification. If I run the refrigerator and fan on DC and unplug the TM from the tow vehicle, will the TM batteries continue to power them?
Old 02-18-2006, 12:02 AM   #2
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by msager
I need some clarification. If I run the refrigerator and fan on DC and unplug the TM from the tow vehicle, will the TM batteries continue to power them?
Yes, the refrigerator will continue to run on the TM batteries, until the batteries are dead, which should only take a few hours.

The only time I run on 12 volt is while towing.

Sometimes when I am getting ready to head out I drive the TM to the office and leave from there. I disconnect the TM battery by removing the inline fuse so that by the end of the day the baterries won't need to be replaced. The fridge stays plenty cold all day, even in July at 100 degrees.

At the end of the day, I reconnect the fuse to the batteries and then drive away.

I also leave the TM cord disconnected from the TV for the day as well.
Old 02-19-2006, 11:42 PM   #3
Bill & Lisa

It was pointed out in an earlier post and confirmed by Bill, that in the DC mode the temperture control (dial with numbers from 1-5) is NOT in the circuit. The Fridge will run constantly and could result in all items freezing. Also since it doesn't cycle off when it gets to a certain temperature, pre-cooling will not make your battery last longer. It definately helps as in the case described above where you cool it and run it on the way to the office, pull the cord and fuse while you work and then hook up at the end of the day.
Bill