TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: Do i keep the closet
Remove Closet 3 8.33%
Keep closet 33 91.67%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-23-2019, 08:46 AM   #1
Craigrrr
TrailManor Master

Default Poll - remove wardrobe?

Should I remove the closet or not and if you removed your closet please post pics thanks

1 Remove closet

2 keep closet

2008 2720SD
2008 Toyota Sienna XLE
2015 Prius v the money saver
Craigrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 11:01 AM   #2
BrucePerens
TrailManor Master

Someone took off the closet before I owned the trailer. We are both 5'10" or taller and having a little more space for getting in or out of the bed doesn't seem to be a bad thing.
Old 03-23-2019, 11:52 AM   #3
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigrrr
if you removed your closet please post pics
No pics needed. Removal of the closet is easy. First, collapse the bathroom walls. Then, raise the closet and slide it left into its normal deployed position. Stand in the hallway, facing the rear bed. Look at the far side of the base of the closet, and note the brown plastic sliding hinge. The hinge is secured by a number of screws - do not remove them. But at the right-hand end of the hinge (the end nearest the bathroom), there is a protruding screw driven through the plastic and into the bed frame. This screw is the slide-stop, preventing the closet from being slid too far to the right. Remove this screw.

Slide the closet to the right, past the slide-stop position. It will slide out onto the wall of the bathroom, and can be simply lifted off. Put the slide-stop screw back into its hole, in case it is needed in the future.

Note that if you put the closet into storage, it can be easily remounted at a later time. As, for instance, when you change your mind - or sell the trailer.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 12:49 PM   #4
Bailey'sMom
Site Sponsor

I personally like the closet and like the closed in feeling it creates along with the bathroom wall. Makes bed more private and don't see other lights in trailer etc. And i camp alone with me and the dog.

I actually use the closet for a lot of storage. I hang a rack on the bed side that has 3 shelves and keep all my books, tissues, Med's for the AM, and water bottle, etc. I would really be disappointed if someone had removed it, probably enough to not buy that camper.

Inside the closet i have a cloth shoe/clothes shelf and i use that to store a lot of my clothes. That takes up half the closet width and then i use the other 1/2 with hangers for coats/clothes.

(RIP Bailey - 12/6/2020)
Welcome Sophie DOB 1/5/2021
Mini Goldendoodle (who's not so mini)

New to me 2010. 2720SD TrailManor
New to me 2010 Chevy Traverse

Both purchased July 2013

Factory installed 80W solar panel.

New batteries June 30th 2018.
(SLIGC115 Duracell Ultra 6V Deep Cycle Golf Cart Battery x 2)
New bag seals Sept 2020
Rohent R7 HD 1080P RV Wireless Backup Camera Installed Sept 2020
Bailey'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 04:34 PM   #5
Craigrrr
TrailManor Master

All good points. Keep em coming

2008 2720SD
2008 Toyota Sienna XLE
Old 03-23-2019, 05:29 PM   #6
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey'sMom View Post
I personally like the closet and like the closed in feeling it creates along with the bathroom wall. Makes bed more private and don't see other lights in trailer etc.
I'm with Sara. I like the closet (aka wardrobe). Of course, we go out for 3 weeks at a time, and encounter a lot of different weather. That means we have a lot of different hanging stuff. Along with hanging shirts, pants, jackets, raincoats, etc, we also keep a mesh laundry bag in the wardrobe. But that is all.

Underwear, T-shirts, sox, a Tilly hat, gloves, and extra shoes (yes, shoes) go in the three drawers below the wardrobe. I get one drawer, and my wife gets two - a better ratio of closet spaces than I get at home!

I can't imagine that the little bit of counter space you would gain by removing the wardrobe would be nearly as useful as the wardrobe itself. So yes, I voted to keep the wardrobe - or at least to make it easily re-installable.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 07:04 PM   #7
Craigrrr
TrailManor Master

Last year we stayed 2 months in Wisconsin right on lake Michigan in a small harbor. It was great so we plan on going back , we were thinking it would give more kitchen counter space, since we really did not have a lot of hanging clothes, we brought along two 3 drawer plastic bins for clothes and the 3 drawers as Bill spoke of. Seemed like we had plenty of draw space, We love the fresh veggies from the farmers market so kitchen prep would be nice . well that was our thinking.. Plus ice maker and instant pot room. Maybe we will keep the closet and build some lightweight shelfs for our clothes and that would free up floor space that we normally set up a table. This was our view looking out to the harbor.. It was hard to take for 2 months.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180710_145920.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	2.61 MB
ID:	18045  

2008 2720SD
2008 Toyota Sienna XLE
Old 03-23-2019, 08:31 PM   #8
Texastrailerguy

Default to keep or not

In our trailer, we removed the closet. Still have it in the garage. Will put it back when we get ready to sale it. We feel we need more space getting in/out of bed. We also don't live in our trailer. We only spend maybe 2 weeks a year in it, few days here and a few days there. It all comes down to personal preference.
Texastrailerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 08:57 PM   #9
campernurse2012
Site Sponsor

We like the closet, gives privacy to back bedroom , keeps the light at bay and we use it for storage, coats , etc for different things at different seasons when we camp. Never thought of removing it.
Texas
campernurse2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 09:33 PM   #10
Jampcourt

Since it is an option to keep the hardware in place, and replace the wardrobe if needed, you can choose the option that works best for you, and still have the closet available for others (future potential owners) to replace. We use the wardrobe for our clothes, but you could keep it and put in shelves for your farmers' markets treasures.
Your priorities, or those of future TM owners, may not be the same, but you can easily keep the options open in this case.
2014 Ford Explorer with tow package, Tekonsha brake controller, Reese WDH, Renogy 100 W portable solar suitcase, modified for 7 pin plug. (Our battery is up front, under sofa). Modified to fill hot water heater and fresh water tank with unit closed.
Jampcourt is offline   Reply With Quote