TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Towing and Hitching
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-08-2009, 04:56 PM   #1
Philip

Default Members Experience With WDH Hitch Designs

Hello Again Folks,

Back again with more questions!!

I am in the process of trying to determine which WDH to purchase. I will be towing a 2008 model 2720 TM with a 2005 Toyota 4Runner, V8, with a factory tow package. Most of my towing will be in the Rockies as I will be spending extended periods in the National Parks.

I have done my best to investigate the different designs but have no experience with any WDH's. I know most members feel that sway control on the TM is not necessary, however, I am leaning toward getting it anyway as a measure of added security. I am also leaning toward one of the three following WDH designs: 1. Reese "Straight Line Weight Distribution System" which includes their Dual Cam Sway Control. 2. Equal-i-zer Hitch. 3. Eaz-Lift "Pro Star Ultra" with sway control included.

I would appreciate any members comments on the long term performance of their WDH's and if they think there is ANY benifit to sway control for a TM. Also, any comments on the three WDH's I am leaning toward would be of much interest.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Phil
Philip is offline   Reply With Quote