TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-24-2009, 01:13 PM   #1
rumbleweed

Exclamation Closing in Rain

Two trips ago we closed our TM in some nice rain and when we opened it after arriving home noticed the curtains were wet. After some investigation, we determined that it was not a leak, but rather water that was on the rear section roof when we closed it ran off the side and between the front and rear roof shells. I now carry a window cleaning squeege on a telescoping pole. After closing the rear half, we clean of the bulk of the water before closing the front section. This seems to have done the trick.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:52 PM   #2
PopBeavers

The one time that I closed up in the rain, I did the same.

Though my garage door is barely tall enough to let me back the TM in while closed, once inside I can pop the front shell part way. I figure this lets it air dry a little.

I don't like to leave it that way for more than a week, because I don't think that is a good position for long term storage. Putting stress on the arms not as intended.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:55 PM   #3
retiredgoat

Default No Curtians no mess!!

I switched to an home made window cover due to dirt and water, now I just wipe em dry. Check out the pics.

Bob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Window covers 1.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	248.9 KB
ID:	3470   Click image for larger version

Name:	Window covers 2.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	262.0 KB
ID:	3471  
Old 04-26-2009, 01:26 AM   #4
larsdennert

My curtains need washing.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:01 AM   #5
PopBeavers

Four years now and our curtains aren't too bad. I am surprised.

But, DW wanted the dark blue interior instead of the tan. That may help a little. We had to do a factory order to get that color. Now I think I am glad that we did.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:54 AM   #6
Queeniereads

Ditto, Pop Beavers! And remember to ALWAYS pull the curtains flat before closing down. Taking IRIS the TM out next weekend for the first time this season -- gettin excited about pulling out. Q
Old 04-27-2009, 08:51 AM   #7
ThePair
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queeniereads View Post
Ditto, Pop Beavers! And remember to ALWAYS pull the curtains flat before closing down. Taking IRIS the TM out next weekend for the first time this season -- gettin excited about pulling out. Q
Pull flat = close them all the way flat? I was debating this myself, if it's better to have the curtains all closed, or opened and flatten out the pleats. What's been your experience?
ThePair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:34 AM   #8
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePair View Post
Pull flat = close them all the way flat? I was debating this myself, if it's better to have the curtains all closed, or opened and flatten out the pleats. What's been your experience?
I used to keep the curtains wide open and the strap around it.

Then last year I decided that was not the best choice, so now I leave the curtains closed and the straps dangling.

I have no data to document which is a better choice.

The curtains still look nearly new. We are not yet tempted to wash them, for fear of shrinking them.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:01 PM   #9
DenandSue

We have always left the curtains open but not applied the straps. There has never been a problem.
As far as cleaning the curtains, I used our carpet rinse/vac and used the upholstery attachment without taking them down. That way, if they did shrink a little - there was no problem. On very dirty areas, I had to hit it with 409 and then rinse well.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:39 PM   #10
HappyWDWCampers

Ok, since this rain closing topic is started, I have been wondering something as I look to purchase a TM in the next year or so. Let's say your TM is wet from rain or dew or something, anything... You have to leave camp. You close the first part of the "shell" now the second part comes down on the first. What keeps the ceiling on the second part from getting damaged by touching the first part you put down? I read about using a squeege to clean off the first part which makes sense, but what if you are closing in the rain? Then what? Just curious of the logistics of that...