TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Towing and Hitching
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-03-2012, 04:44 PM   #1
manorlife
BannedUsers

Default need reccomendation on a lift kit for my TV

I have been using this: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001OMVCIC/...SIN=B001OMVCIC

it works well, that is when the bags dont pop. recently went on a long trip (3000 miles) and had one side pop. Had the bag replaced and again somehow one lift bag poped. onlt this time I think it was pinched by the shock spring of the TV. the instructions say to keep the air pressure at a min 15 psi. whcih I checked befor the season but over time it may have gone below that? looking at the bags I see that the fail point is at the seam.

Now to clear the air... I do use a weight distributing hitch. The hitch IS calibrated properly. The TV and the trailer were both placed on a scale to verify that its not overloaded. ***so I'm not using this lift kit for any other purpose but to get an additional 1-2" of lift on the back tires of the toe vehicle. for me this is a mini van so like most mini vans is very close to the ground without the additional weight.

so I'm looking for a better lift system than these air bags. anyone using something better than this system? please advise. thanks
manorlife is offline   Reply With Quote