TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-06-2006, 08:04 AM   #1
camp_in_pa

Default First time out prep questions

We are finally ready to take the plunge and use our 97 2518 that we purchased in the fall. I have been lurking and printing out all the useful information on this site! Thank you all!

I am taking my wife, 5-yr old and 1 month old (yes, that is 1 MONTH old) out this weekend to French Creek SP in PA. This is my first time camping as an adult and am looking forward to it!

A couple of questions. There has been some discussion about tire pressure on the TM. My dealer had them set at 40. The max on the tire is 55. My TV is a 2005 Honda Odyssey that has very soft suspension and a 2400 lb max towing capacity. So, here are some questions:

1. Should I run the TM tires at 40 or 55? 55 seems too hard and it seems to me that it would bounce more over bumps??

2. There is electric at French Creek but no water. Should I tow with the water tank full on the TM thus adding lots of weight, or should I take a jerry can and just lug water and fill the holding tank once I get there? (There is water at the park just not hookups at each site.)

3. Should I charge the toliet before I leave home or fill it once I get there?

Anything else important/crucial I need to know?

Thanks again for a wonderful forum!

Dean