TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2001, 04:32 AM   #1

Default Bathroom Modification

I'm thinking of re-modeling the bathroom, to make it larger and feel like a "master" bath. How, you ask? Well, I have a 3124KS, and was thinking of removing the wall of the bathroom in the "hallway", and moving it between the oven and the closet. The door would then be angled, and face the kitchen/living area. When you walk into the bathroom, the entire area, that used to be the "hall" would be the bathroom. I think it would seem a lot roomier, as well as provide a more private larger dressing area, as the closets would also now be a part of the bathroom. I've been looking at the design, and I don't think it would take much to do. Just wanted to get some feedback to see if anyone else has done something similar. I'll keep y'all updated, I probably won't dive into this until late winter/early spring. I'm also going to add a skylight over the shower - that's going to be a bit more difficult and require some ingenuity.
Old 10-04-2001, 10:10 AM   #2
Chris_Bauer

Default Re: Bathroom Modification

This is along the same line.  I haven't done the work yet but I ordered the bedroom door curtain (?) and the track which I am going to put between the kitchen and where the door opens all the way.  This will give some privacy to someone getting cleaned up and dressing.  You just open the door and pull the curtain which you can take down for storage when not in use.  Also, we are adding the mirror to the wardrobe door that was posted here. I will attach a photo when I receive the parts.  I still need to post the pictures of the privacy panels I made to place around the top of the bathroom walls.
Old 07-09-2018, 11:04 AM   #3
mmccauley

Did anyone ever do this? If you did would you post a a pic or few.
Thanks,
Mary
mmccauley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 11:04 PM   #4
tgpmd1
TrailManor Master

I created a 'dressing room area' by sewing a curtain in the hall area and attaching to the walls with Velcro. I did this a few years ago and it works great! I'll send pics soon.
Prodigy Brake Controller
2.5" Factory Lift Kit
15" Dexstar Wheels
15" Karrier Loadstar Tires w/TR-416 Stems
Bill's Screen Door kit
And a host of other mods...

14 y.o. 'Sasha' (aka 'Miss Kitty), started fostering 12/24/10 and adopted 3/15/11

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tgpmd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 07:41 AM   #5
Shane826
TrailManor Master

When I first got looking at TMs I wondered why they didn’t put a skylight or better yet a Fan-tastic vent over the bathroom. Once I saw a couple live and in person it became obvious; the front shell lays on top of the bathroom roof area when closed. Can’t have anything protrude upward on the roof in that area.
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote