TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-02-2002, 04:07 AM   #11
Bruce

Default Re: Batteries/12V/Invertors

Chris:
  I have written on this list about mounting a catalytic heater in our 3124 slideout and also about roof mounted solar panels and mounting 2 extra batteries on the hitch behind the propane bottles. You might be able to find this info by doing a search, either on my name or by subject. Some of the info is on the "Old TM Dicuussion", a useful place to look around.
  We boondock whenever we can. I use the TM supplied 4 light device to keep up with our battery condition although I do bring along a digital multi meter to do a more detailed analysis if necessary. With 2 80w soalr panels and 3 deep cycle batteries we never run below "Good" on the meter.
 Email me if you need more info.

Bruce

Old 06-06-2002, 01:54 PM   #12
KB7OUR

Bruce,

Any idea what your total amp/hr rating is with the 3 batteries combined? I assume each is 12 volts?

Wade
Old 06-08-2002, 01:13 PM   #13
Bruce

Wade,
I once knew the ah ratings of my batteries but I have forgotten what it is now. I have 2 Interstate 27 series deep cycle batteries on the hitch and a cheaper sealed deep cycle unit inside. I serviced the hitch batteries yesterday and on the top it had a sticker with 750 on it so I assume they are 750 amp hours. Does that sound right? I think I wrote the info down in my "Solar Power Your RV" book by Noel Kirkby but I lent it to a friend.
Having the sealed unit inside works out well as that battery is so difficult to get to.

Bruce
Old 06-09-2002, 04:02 PM   #14

Quote:
on the top it had a sticker with 750 on it so I assume they are 750 amp hours. Does that sound right?
That's probably "CCA" or "Cold Cranking Amps" rather than Amp Hours.   CCA has more to do with starting your motor on a cold morning.

Ah on a Group 27 deep cycle would be more around 90-105ah, if memory serves me (it doesn't always  :-/ )