TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-27-2002, 05:28 AM   #1
MawCraig

Default Need more tips and tricks!

Sure would like to see more "tips and tricks" for us Trailmanor owners!  After years of tents and pop-ups, I am still trying to figure out ways to best utilize the vast improvements of the Trailmanor.  

I like to keep the clutter under control, but at the same time keep things handy.  I hang a brass over-the-door rack (ordered from Harriet Carter) on the kitchen side of the bath room wall.  This provides plenty of hooks for hanging paper towels, pot holders, plastic bag caddy, etc.

Has anyone tried those "Snap Hooks" suction cups on the inside walls?  Do they stay up on the textured surface?

I look forward to seeing more of your ideas!!
Old 03-28-2002, 02:08 AM   #2
arknoah

Default Re: Need more tips and tricks!

Good idea.  I just took a look at the rack on the web, and wonder if you could put one on the kitchen side and one on the inside of the bathroom.  We've been using a different kind inside the bathroom, but it's more of a hassle than its worth.  I think the HC one might do the trick.  Thanks.
Old 03-28-2002, 02:23 AM   #3
MawCraig

I have put a second rack inside the bathroom, but hubby fussed about when he used the shower!  So I moved it to the bedroom side of the wall.  There it can be used to hang hats, the cat's leash, etc.

I do hang an over-the-door towel rack (from WalMart) on the bathroom wall beside the door.  It has bars instead of hooks, and doesn't catch the shower curtain.

I also bought a couple of hanging racks that would normally be used on your shower head at home (to hold shampoo and stuff) and some single over-the-door hooks.  I hang a rack on either side of the bathroom mirror to hold our toiletries.  That seems to be working well.
Old 03-28-2002, 12:02 PM   #4
Carol
Site Sponsor

Default Re: Snap Hooks Don't Work

I tried the Snap Hooks and they do not stay up! I couldn't even keep one up on the mirror. The over the door type hooks work quite well as do the clothespin type hooks that look like a question mark.

Carol
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 04:19 PM   #5

We recently had a hanging cabinet installed over the sink area in our 2720SL. Would love to hear from all you regarding tips on what I could store in it besides paper plates and cups etc. ??? The unit seems small, but you are all so creative, I'm sure there are some really good tips and ideas out there . Please fill me in, I would really appreciate it.
Thank you in advance,

Ivette
Old 06-15-2002, 12:56 AM   #6
KB7OUR

I assume your cabinet is over the sink. We have one there and also over the door side table near the couch.

Fasten a towel ring or paper towel holder to the right side to hang something high for drying your hands.

Don't overload the cabinet as you may warp the wall. It's really only useful for light weight items.

Cereal boxes, oatmeal, hot chocolate, etc., plus the stuff you mentioned. Also, plastic garbage bags, extra TP, etc.

I'm considering a way to make the door easily removable so it can become an open shelf for easier access during use, but still hold everything inside for travel.

Wade

Old 06-15-2002, 05:12 AM   #7

Thank you Wade!
As for the suggestion you made about hanging a paper towel holder or towel ring, I thought about this too but was concerned about the cabinet walls being too thin to screw anything into them. Is this what you have done?, or were you able to somehow fasten the piece to the cabinet another way? An over the door hook perhaps?
Thanks again,
Red/Ivette
Old 06-15-2002, 05:22 AM   #8

To all in need of a perfect size microwave....I found that the Sharp "Half Pint" fits just right in the space between the kitchen counter and wardrobe. It is available at Sears. Unfortunantely for me, I ended up having to purchase the last one available at the store I went to. It's color is University of Texas Orange ! . Nothing against UT, it's just a little bright for me. But the size is right and that's all I cared about. Hope this helps some of you!
Red
Old 06-15-2002, 01:01 PM   #9
Carol
Site Sponsor

Default Re: Paper Towel Holder

MawCraig - We installed a papertowel holder on the right side of the hanging cabinet. We did put a piece of wood on the inside of the cabinet to strengthen it. It did take a drill to pierce the vinyl finish on the thin cabinet side, BTW.

We had an old Scott towel folding paper towel holder in the house. Now, when traveling, we can remove the paper towels if desired and fold trhe arms in. I don't know if these are still available in the stores, but I'm sure any paper towel holder would work.
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2002, 02:55 PM   #10
Happytrails

Hey Red/Ivette, you can buy some 220 grit sand paper.....lightly scuff the painted metal cabinet, shoot some grey primer on it (having it taped off of course to prevent overspray) and shoot it any color you like after that. Of course if the front plastic and all the buttons are orange, lol, you're on your own!........  

Happytrails......