TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-13-2009, 12:43 PM   #11
ThePair
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePair View Post
I had my dealer make the same mod on my new 2720SL. So...can just about any portable grill be used on the low pressure line as well...like a Coleman? Would it just require removal of the Coleman's regulator and then some kind of adaptor for the gas line to connect to the resulting opening?
Follow up: Anyone know the pressure of the low pressure lines in the TM? I found out that portable grills, like the Coleman, want 15 PSI on the line. Is the TM's copper line anything near that, or is it down in the 2 range like Coleman seems to think?
ThePair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 01:49 PM   #12
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Standard pressure in most low-pressure propane installations is described as "eleven-inch water column". These words are used in the TM refrigerator manual, for example. In other words, the gas pressure is sufficient to support a column of water not quite a foot high. Since water has a pressure of about 1/2 pound per vertical foot, that is the value I would expect to find - not 15 psi, not 2 psi, but about 1/2 psi.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 02:35 PM   #13
PopBeavers

FWIW, I run my portable Coleman propane stove by running a hose between the stove and the propane cylinder, no pressure regulator.

Let me rephrase that. No additional pressure regulator. My Coleman stove has its own pressure regulator, to deal with the pressure in the little bottles. When using a larger propane cylinder, there is no reason to use an additional regulator.

My Coleman stove runs from the little green/blue bottles. My propane cylinder is a similar pressure. There is no reason for me to be using a regulator to reduce the pressure.

This is why I did not tap into the gas line on the TM. If you want to do that then you need to do so at the cylinders, before the pressure regulator.

That has been my experience.