TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2008, 11:22 AM   #1
customshein

Default Adco cover for 3124ks

My frustration is high. I have researched this site and found some discussion about ADCO covers, but no specifics I can use. Does anyone know what model # ADCO cover I should order for a 2006, 3124KS? It just seems to me after many years there should be one specific ADCO model that fits each Trailmanor model. I know this is not rocket science, but why do I have to measure? Because of an air conditioner and bumper? Are not all 2006 3124KS' all the same? The frustration is also caused because I have yet to speak to anyone on the Camping World 800 number who knows what a Trailmanor is. For ADCO cover purposes is a Trailmanor a popup or not? I know no one wants to call a Trailmanor a popup, but when I am speaking with someone who apparently has never entered an RV, it is difficult to get information I feel comfortable with. ADCO says I can order a custom SunBrella, Camping World says I cannot. Camping world says I can order a AquaShed for a popup, but I cannot order a Tyvek. Why is it so hard to order a cover? What am I missing here?

Jack
Southern Middle TN
3124 KS
2007 GMC Yukon
Old 08-13-2008, 11:36 AM   #2
2bcs1jrt

Their website shows a Hi-Lo/ TrailManor style.

http://www.adcoprod.com/sfs_aqua-shed_hi_lo.htm

I am not home to check which one I have, but the length of the box is the only variable with the TM. They are all the same height and width.

Mine covers my spare tire and my propane tanks. I like that. But my TM is a 2518.

Sounds like you need the 26 ft box length. Looks like thats the longest they make in that style.

Cheri
Old 08-13-2008, 11:49 AM   #3
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

According to the TM website, the 3124 is 24' 3" long, which is bumper to tongue, 84" wide, and 65.5" tall. My tongue is 4' 2" long, and assuming all tongues are the same length, that means you need a cover about 20' 1" long to cover everything but the tongue.

The link above shows 2 covers, one which is good for a box size up to 22' 6", which is part 12252. That cover is 270" L x 100" W x 60" H, so accounting for your AC and roof vents, that cover should extend down to the wheels without any problem. You'll probably have extra on the ends, which you can either tie up or pull over the back bumper or propane tanks.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 04:11 PM   #4
customshein

Cheri/Dave,

Thanks for your replies.

Jack
Old 08-14-2008, 11:49 AM   #5
M3 Rules

I have 07 3124KB and I think it's the same size as 3124KS.
I used #12252 and it fits little too big. It fits from the hitch to the back with some wiggle room. Overall the cover is larger than TM but overall I am pretty happy with the cover. It covers down almost to the ground so tires are almost covered as well.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:01 PM   #6
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Customshein -

Did you read the tutorial on How to Cover a TM in Storage in the Technical Reference Library (aka TM Info You Won't Find Anywhere Else)? Did it do any good toward answering your question?

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 07:06 PM   #7
customshein

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Rules View Post
I have 07 3124KB and I think it's the same size as 3124KS.
I used #12252 and it fits little too big. It fits from the hitch to the back with some wiggle room. Overall the cover is larger than TM but overall I am pretty happy with the cover. It covers down almost to the ground so tires are almost covered as well.

Hope this helps.
M3 Rules,

I appreciate your reply, I will try that. Is your a Aqua Shed or Tyvek?

Regards,

Jack
Old 10-08-2008, 03:48 PM   #8
customshein

M3 Rules,

I just got back from Yellowstone and my ADCO cover was on the porch. I covered by 3124KS and it fits just like you stated. It is big and covers the tires, but definitely will do the job. I was hoping I could order a Tyvek, but only a Polypropylene Aqua Shed was available. One thing I want to add, if anyone else is interested, is that you must watch for sharp points when tightening the cover. Specially, the four jacks that might rip the cover. I also added one bungie cord on the front and one on the back of the cover, using the holes provided to tighten the cover down against the wind.

Thanks for all the advice.

Jack