TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-17-2006, 04:56 PM   #11
Freedom

Here is a link that will help you find campgrounds in all the states: http://www.popupexplorer.com/ Once you open the site go to the top row and enter the type of campground you are looking for (Dropdown menu i.e. campground/rv, state park, national park, etc.) Then right beside that dropdown is one for the state or province. It is not an exhaustive list like in Trailer Life, but it's adequate and quick!
Old 07-17-2006, 07:57 PM   #12
sir1doc

we camped this weekend and have the side mount a/c in our 1991 and it was ok. According to my weather station the kids got me it was 92 outside with 89% humidity and the inside temp was 79 with 40% humidity. Not what I call cool as can be but a nice change when you stepped in from the heat and after sunset we dropped to 78 outside and 68 inside. almost needed a blanket.
Best of luck with your TM you wont be sorry
Old 07-18-2006, 05:37 AM   #13
rockerga

Always pack a fan in the summer to either circulate the A/C better or to aim right at any hot spot (as in where I'm sitting) this also works as well when the A/C is just turned-on and you are setting up. I am extremely hot-blooded and the fan works for me; the size fan you require can be based upon how well your A/C does or does not work, any size these days can be bought without much regard for weight as they do not weigh anything.
Old 07-18-2006, 05:40 PM   #14
MidwestDave

Default Air conditioning

We were camping at our favorite lake yesterday and the temperature was 99 degrees with a heat index of 112 degrees. The roof mounted air in our 2006 model 2720 worked wonderful. DW keeps it so cool at night you need blankets in July! Grand kids had showers and sat wrapped in blankets!
We love our 2720 and think Trail Manor did a great job planning and building the trailer.

Midwest Dave
John Deere International HDQS area
Old 07-19-2006, 04:58 PM   #15
macdasher

I got it!! I also got a great price! It seems that selling a trailmanor when you're located at the edge of the country is almost as hard as finding that perfect used camper.

My wife and I are very excited and would like to thank everyone for their advice and encouragement. Thanks especially to Texas Camper for the PM's.

Also, since I'm buying from such a long distance the dealer is paying for a 3-day stay at a local campground so I can check everything out. I think that speaks volumes for their confidence in what their selling.

Michael & Joanne
Old 07-19-2006, 07:43 PM   #16
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Good for you! Let us know how your trip goes to pick it up.
Old 07-20-2006, 06:06 AM   #17
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Macdasher -

Park your TM in the shade if at all possible. The A/C will have a really hard time coping with full bright sun heating up the outside walls.

Some, but not all, household air conditioners (and that is what this one is) have a control that enables you to either recirculate the room air, or draw in fresh outside air. Presuming that your unit has such a control, it will do a much better job of cooling the inside of the TM if you leave it on the Recirculate setting. The air may get a little stale after a while, especially if you cook inside, but you can change the air quickly, without gaining too much heat, by simply opening the door for a few minutes.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote