TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2006, 10:53 AM   #1
cmc211

Default New model?

I didn't know where to put this one so I'll try here. I heard something almost a year ago that TM was going to possibly come out with a 5th wheel model. Has anyone else heard of this? Dave
Old 03-01-2006, 06:57 PM   #2
fcatwo
Site Sponsor

I'm trying to picture such a thing in my mind and can't make it work. I can picture a Hi-Lo 5th wheel raising straight up like some pickup campers but not a TrailManor. Maybe the front could rise and slide and somehow make a king bed in the front -- you'd have to unhitch every night to make room for something like that to work however. the 5th wheel already hangs over your truck bed and any more forward movement would hit the cab unless the front section is tall enough to clear the top of the cab when raised. The front bed would have to raise with the top and that would leave a significant hole for bugs to come in-- actually a bear could come in. Now that I think about it, our 2619 is like a 5th wheel in both front and back when set up.
fcatwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 10:22 AM   #3
cmc211

I can't figure it out either. It was just something I heard about a year ago. Could just be a fable. Guess we could ask the source.haha
Old 03-03-2006, 08:15 AM   #4
Bill & Lisa

The latest "new" model I have heard of (cameout about 6 months ago) was the 2619 SPORT. It sleeps 8 and is designed for use as a hunting base camp. Search on "sport" for related threads.
Bill