TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-14-2006, 06:59 PM   #11
MidwestDave

Cool DANNY'S @ Coloma

Yes, I too have been to Danny's. We had dealers closer (2 1/2 hrs.) but since we were going to visit my daughter in Wisconsin we decided to go to Coloma. He is building a new facility in Westfield Wi just 10 miles south of Coloma. We are picking up our new 2006/ 2720 there in the spring.
Believe me it is worth the drive!

Midwest Dave
2002 Dodge Grand Caravan w/tow pkg
Old 01-15-2006, 06:07 AM   #12
YWORRYDOG
Site Sponsor

You all talking about the dealer in Coloma Wi. or the one in Coloma MI?
(Krenek RV Supercenter 6542 Ryno Road (exit 39 off I-94) Coloma Michigan.)
YWORRYDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 08:04 AM   #13
Grouse

Question Coloma

Just to be clear, I'll be visiting my "local" TM dealer in Coloma, MI when time/weather permits(clear now but will it be when I'm ready to go?). I'll be visiting Dannys in Coloma WI in May. Oddly, WI is actually easier for me cuz it is close to my normal travels, though easily 11+ hours away. The dealer in MI is on my to no place I normally travel to.

After seeing the list of dealers, I consider myself fortunate to be within 1 hr of a dealer (local). I'll be taking my time to be certain that I'm making the right decision, since I tend to hang on to things for a very long time. That is why the quality issue is HUGE with me. Unlike many of you who went from tent campers to the TM, I'm working in the oposite direction going from a hard side to a folding trailer.

I am fortunate in that I have a very serviceable RV now in a 13 yr old unit. But dry weight is 4115, 7000 GVWR. Add food & stuff and some water to the trailer, dogs and bikes or the tandem to the truck with occupants and I'm using maybe 6000# of my 7900# towing capacity on the truck. This allows for some underestimation by the factory on the weight and probably is more real life. Assming Ford is also too generous with their tow rating, I really don't have that much of a safety margin.

Maybe the TM wll give me the high level of quality construction that I insist on. If so, it offers a feather weight RV which allows me to downsize my TV which saves $$$$. All this an I can still enjoy camping! I can only wish.

At the other end I get an RV with side slideouts and a diesel puller, bad fuel economy (horrible when towing) and a very light wallet. Maybe I have a screw loose for even considering this option?

Looking forward to seeing a TM for myself.