TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > General Maintenance and Cleaning
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-02-2005, 10:29 PM   #1
h2p123

Default Sure love that Black Streak Remover !

We are newbies to the TM world ('97 2720 ) so I'm sure you know all about this product, but had to put my two cents in just in case! We bought a TM last week from Custom RV, but they did not clean our unit up well at all - we were quite disappointed since they said they went all through it. It is in great shape otherwise, so I'm not afraid of some muscle work.The leather velcro sealants ( right words? ) around the beds were black and dirty, but I could not clean them off. DH bought Black Streak Remover from Full Timer's Choice and it was fantastic - cleaned everything off with no effort at all.They look brand new again! I was so impressed I had to share. We washed and hung the curtains wet (thanks to this website tip) and cleaned all day.Is it always this exciting ???
Old 04-03-2005, 07:42 AM   #2
Factor

Default Sure Love That Black Steak Remover

We had the same problem with our new 3023 last summer. Brought several different products, the Tetford black streak remover seemed to work best, but, we will sure try yours.
John
2003 Montana AWD
2004 TM 3023
Old 04-03-2005, 10:26 AM   #3
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Some of those black marks are very hard to remove. I've never tried the Black Streak Remover but have used a cleaner called "Awesome" that I purchased from the local dollar store. I've found that it's very good at getting off those black marks. It works really well on whitewalls, too.
Old 04-09-2005, 06:02 PM   #4
Brightsu
Site Sponsor

Smile Black Streak Remover

I've never heard of that before sounds great. Where can it be purchased? We normally use a vinyl siding cleaner on the outside we get at Ace hardware, it has to be diluted.
Old 04-20-2005, 12:05 PM   #5
srscmh

Default black marks on ceiling

We recently bought a 2003 2619. It is in great shape except for two black marks on the ceiling as a result of rubbing on the padding when it is locked down. I have tried several cleaning solution and got off a lot of the black but what remains looks like aluminium stains on the paint. Maybe the paint is even worn away.

Thanks for any help. Respond to [email protected]