TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-07-2004, 06:14 PM   #1
eapple516

Default Got our "new" Trailmanor today!

Yes, Yes, Yes, we picked up our "new to us" Trailmanor today ;D...drove from our home in Florida yesterday (Friday), saw the Trailmanor today....it was just what we were looking for, and after a little "haggling" with the previous owner (half the fun of buying something used) we settled on a fair price, hitched up (with our new hitch, etc.) and took off ???....got a little confused and had to drive right through the middle of Atlanta, not the greatest when you have just picked up your new trailer and not sure of the driving, etc.), but all went well ....it was very windy today and we had no problems at all...drove hours on Rt. 75 with many, many tractor trailers and it was a breeze...our TV is a Plymouth Voyager....my husband couldn't believe how easy it was to tow, although he said he'd probably put air shocks on the Van....I was a little nervous (especially in the middle of Atlanta), but I settled down, relaxed, and enjoyed the ride...Can't wait to set it up tomorrow and discuss what we will do to "improve it"...then soon we'll be off on our first adventure...we live in Florida so we can use it all year long which will be nice...
Old 02-07-2004, 08:43 PM   #2
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Default Re:Got our "new" Trailmanor today!

What model did you get? We were also amazed when we picked ours up that it was so east to tow; we didn't even know it was there, except we kept looking back to revel in our purchase and it was always there, following us! I'm sure that you will spend many happy days and nights in your TM. Keep us posted with your adventures.
B_and_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 05:25 AM   #3
eapple516

We got the 2619...just hubby, me, our Bischon, Dolly, and Kitty! Perfect for us..love that once set up, the beds are always ready and you don't have to deal with that each day!
Old 02-08-2004, 06:03 AM   #4
gospelcamper

WELCOME!!!
Glad to have you aboard, Eleanor. Also glad to have another Christian on board. There are several who hang out here.
We've had our 2720 for about a year. We have one huge problem. We don't get to use it enough.
They sure do handle well. We went from home ( Moundsville, WV) to the factory and Pigeon Forge, Tenn. and back last summer. It handled great.
Glad someone can use their trailers now. It is presently 16 degrees and a little of that white stuff. (My mother told me not to use four-letter words- Snow. Excuse me for such vulgarity.)
Again welcome aboard and enjoy your "new" home away from home.
Old 02-16-2004, 07:59 PM   #5
jsrogers

Just curious-
How did you know she was Christian? Was it in a prior post or did I miss it in this one?
Old 02-16-2004, 08:23 PM   #6
Denny_A
Former TM Owner

[quote author=jsrogers link=board=18;threadid=1663;start=msg11885#msg1188 5 date=1076986785]
Just curious-
How did you know she was Christian? Was it in a prior post or did I miss it in this one?
[/quote]

I was thinkin' the same thing. In an earlier post ('nother thread) she made mention of "Church" (not Synagogue or Mosque) and a "prayer wall". So, it seems, a leap of "faith" (it's required) may have been used to fill in the blanks.

Denny_A
Denny_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 08:46 PM   #7
jniles

I wondered too but was afraid to ask so did a search on her previous posts. With what I found and a little faith (mustard seed size maybe) the assumption appears to be right on.
Old 02-17-2004, 05:13 AM   #8
gospelcamper

You all are right on the money. It was from another topic, Happy Trails, Bill topic "for those who know me" about his wife Karen. Eleanor said that she was going to church and would put Karen's name on their prayer wall.
Maybe I made a leap but I don't think so, I see it more as a logical conclusion. Prayer, Church, prayer wall= Christian. Eleanor can correct me if I am wrong.
Old 02-17-2004, 05:57 AM   #9
eapple516

You are right! What good detectives on this Website! Wow....I am a "proud Christian" and am amazed how you picked this up! Without my faith during "tough times" in life, I don't know how I would have survived! Amen!