TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2014, 12:26 PM   #31
Padgett
TrailManor Master

BTW after removing the awning I noticed the patio (porch) lights on both sides stick out a lot more than the clearance lights
Old 07-19-2014, 01:48 PM   #32
Oldkayaker

Good info Padgett, might come in handy for others. As you can see I finally posted a picture of my garage. My issue is clearance for my wife's car door. The lights, awnings, etc. should not be a factor. I have learned a lot from the folks on this site and appreciate it very much. As of now I am leaning toward making do with my ALiner for a little bit longer. Perhaps TrailManor will have a better dealer network in the not too distant future. I have found only one dealer I deem worthy of my trust and that is not good. The ALiner can handle the long distance trips I am already committed to which are a reunion with my shipmates in Nashville this fall followed by an annual gathering of fellow Folbot owners at Flamingo campground in the Everglades during the last part of January and first part of February. Next year the ship's reunion is in Portland, OR and I hope to have a new camper for that trip as I intend to wander around on the way out and back.
Old 07-21-2014, 06:42 AM   #33
ThePair
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkyDoodle View Post
ThePair --- Yes, our Sport will fit into our single garage (9' width) but not into the detached garage which has an 8' wide door....just sayin' all single garage doors are not equal in width......So why would anyone spend the $$$ to build a 12' wide detached garage (after the fact) with only an 8' door???

Do you have a link for the three low profile LED lights??? Why doesn't the factory use them, all of the other lighting is LED.......
http://www.innovativelight.com/

The fixture I have is no longer for sale, nor does it appear on their site, but they have many other options now. Mine looks just like the "LED Surface Mount Light 200-5503", but they have a newer option Courtesy Light - 4 LED Surface Mount that has 4 LEDs rather than 2. Should be brighter, which I wouldn't complain about if I were doing it again -- mine throw off very little light.
ThePair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:08 AM   #34
Padgett
TrailManor Master

Well my single door measures 96" wide, with a but of trimming I can get 97" and by moving the rails it looks like 98" is possible.

OTOH a standard TM is 7'7" (91") plus 5" for lights/awning/door roller or 96". Really need to flush mount a few things like clearance and patio lights if I need to get in there.

The Vixen is 85" wide and I still had to notch the door for the mirrors.
Old 07-21-2014, 11:56 AM   #35
moaboy

My understanding is, the former TM dealer in Hanover who is now a CW, still has their TM license, but do not regularly stock TM!s. Don't know if one could work some arrangement out or not. I believe they could service one, assuming the same technicians are still employed there. Disappointing as they were very good to work with before.
Old 07-21-2014, 01:20 PM   #36
Padgett
TrailManor Master

When I needed some parts JD Saunders in Alachua, FL 32615 provided friendly service and I had the parts the same week.
Old 07-21-2014, 05:51 PM   #37
Laura FM

I have a 2417 sport (the original floorplan) We have a 7ft opening on our garage. We have the AC and the lift kit and it fits just fine. It looked like it was going to hit, but I got on a step stool and looked at the roof & opening as my husband moved it through the door and it cleared with an inch or two to spare. Without the lift it would several inches shorter.

Great floorplan. We could have got the 2619 with the swing hitch, but we really wanted the king sized bed, where no one had to climb over anyone.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:02 PM   #38
Padgett
TrailManor Master

Newer TMs claim 79.5 over the roof AC so should have no trouble with a 7' door though you may have to adjust the stop so it opens at least 82" My concern is width though an 8' door, not height.
Old 07-22-2014, 05:48 AM   #39
Oldkayaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett View Post
by moving the rails it looks like 98" is possible.

OTOH a standard TM is 7'7" (91") plus 5" for lights/awning/door roller or 96".
According to TM's website the width is 7'11" (95")
Old 07-22-2014, 07:04 AM   #40
Padgett
TrailManor Master

7'7" + 5" is 7'12" or 8'=96" - from chart in 2006 brochure. Wonder how many are sold without awning. clearance lights, or patio lights.

Tags
2417 sports