TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2011, 12:53 PM   #1
ggallas1979

Default wet curtains

Just drove back to Georgia from North Carolina in some pretty heavy rain. When i opened up the front shell to dry off the top upon getting home (closed in pouring rain) the privacy curtain to front bed was wet. I guess a portion of the curtains contacted the wet top. Also looks like the passenger side curtain in the back bunk got a little wet. I searched the forums for 30 minutes before posting this so the use the search tool guy would not [complain]
Old 09-05-2011, 04:20 PM   #2
rumbleweed

It is hard to tell. If you closed in heavy rain / wet sides, that would definately cause wet curtains. It couls also be a small seam leak that allowed water in. Another possibility TM uses only one style window of any one size. Window slides forward to open on one side and back to open on the other. This means that the window center seal is positioned such that one side allows travel driven rain to beat against the seam. When the small rubber seal shrinks it can allow water to be forced in. Check the center rubber seal on the window that has the fixed portion toward the rear.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:28 PM   #3
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Another possibility TM uses only one style window of any one size. Window slides forward to open on one side and back to open on the other. This means that the window center seal is positioned such that one side allows travel driven rain to beat against the seam. When the small rubber seal shrinks it can allow water to be forced in. Check the center rubber seal on the window that has the fixed portion toward the rear.
I did not know this thanks for the information!

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 05:49 PM   #4
Barb&Tim
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Another possibility TM uses only one style window of any one size. Window slides forward to open on one side and back to open on the other. This means that the window center seal is positioned such that one side allows travel driven rain to beat against the seam. When the small rubber seal shrinks it can allow water to be forced in. Check the center rubber seal on the window that has the fixed portion toward the rear.
Not on ours, with one exception, the bath window which does not matter since it is covered when folded.

Tim
Old 09-07-2011, 12:31 PM   #5
PopBeavers

We remove the privacy curtains from the roof tracks and store then in the wardrobe.

My window curtains have never gotten wet, except when I am washing the TM.
Old 10-23-2011, 04:26 PM   #6
angerlo

Default The Mystery of Wet Curtains

Our side curtains closest to the front bed have often been wet, but we discovered that this happened only when TM was in down position. Heavy rains with TM up did not bring about wet curtains. We ruled out water coming in through the walls and roof. We eventually concluded that with the TM in down position with front end lower than rear end, water on back of roof runs forward through several spaces under the bag seal possibly at very center of top and sides. Our theory is that this water puddles on the back roof and with roof sloping towards front, water can only run off the edges of the lower roof. That is right by the front side curtains.
The solution which helped us is to keep the front end of TM higher when parked in closed position. When washing TM in down position, we are careful to have TM front end raised to prevent water running toward the front.
Harmen
Weight distribution hitch 600-800 lbs.
TST tire monitors
angerlo is offline   Reply With Quote