TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Electrical
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2010, 08:51 PM   #1
Joe Daddy

Smile Tell me about the converter in a 2005 TM 2720

I just purchased a 2720 (2005) and did not get any documentation with the unit. It is in really great condition but as a retired computer guy and former street rodder, knowing how things work is part of who I am. I have a couple of pretty basic questions:
1 - Where is the converter located?
2 - The converter is really just a 'battery charger'/eliminator, correct?
3 - How do I get a set of documentation for my unit, PDF preferred. I have found and printed the excellent Mike & Kelly's 2720 PDF, the docs on the fridge, water heater and have found a pretty sad PDF of what looks like a somewhat dated (2002)owners manual.
4 - My unit does not have a battery (I will have one installed before I take it anywhere because of the breakaway requirement.) There is angle iron bracket directly behind the tanks, but I think there should be some kind of 'box' to contain the batteries.

Thanks,

Joe Daddy
Old 08-25-2010, 10:55 PM   #2
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Daddy View Post
I just purchased a 2720 (2005) and did not get any documentation with the unit. It is in really great condition but as a retired computer guy and former street rodder, knowing how things work is part of who I am. This is an interesting thread but I have a couple of pretty basic questions:
1 - Where is the converter located?
2 - The converter is really just a 'battery charger'/eliminator, correct?
3 - How do I get a set of documentation for my unit, PDF preferred. I have found and printed the excellent PDF, the docs on the fridge, water heater and have found a pretty sad PDF of what looks like a somewhat dated owners manual.
4 - My unit does not have a battery (I will have one installed before I take it anywhere because of the breakaway requirement.) There is angle iron bracket directly behind the tanks, but I think there should be some kind of 'box' to contain the batteries.

Thanks,

Joe Daddy

Yes.....converter = battery charger.

Here is a good thread that covers batteries and battery boxes...it has lots of pics as the thread progresses. I'd suggest reading the entire thread.
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ht=battery+box
Old 08-26-2010, 06:25 AM   #3
rumbleweed

Converter is located at floor level next to bathroom door. The guts are under the tub seat. If you get the model # I am sure someone will send you a manual.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:56 AM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

In 2005, the converter was either a Magnetek/Parallax 6300 or 7300 unit, or the then-new American Enterprises unit. Either way, not a very spiffy unit, although it will be quite satisfactory if you use it carefully. In 2007, I believe, the converter was replaced with a WFCO unit, and the consensus seems to be that this is a much better unit. Once you have made the specific ID, manuals for both are available on line, or someone on this board can send one to you.

The box near the floor next to the bathroom door is called the converter, as Bob pointed out. Inside the box, behind the front panel and in a separate compartment, it also contains the AC and DC power distribution panels, including the four (more or less) circuit breakers for the AC circuits, and the nine (more or less) fuses for the DC circuits. If something stops working, and you fear that a fuse has been blown, this is where you would check.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:54 AM   #5
Joe Daddy

Thanks for the quick and informative responses. I hope to get as copy of the original users manual(s) for my 2005 TM 2720.

I'm also interested in how one can obtain the above sink and stove cabinets. I've seen some of the DYI threads, but would like to have the originals if possible.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:30 AM   #6
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Daddy View Post
Thanks for the quick and informative responses. I hope to get a correct manual for my unit.

I'm also interested in how one can obtain the above sink and stove cabinets. I've seen some of the DYI threads, but would like to have the originals if possible.
It would be helpful if you went and got the name and model# off of your converter. As Bill said, there are a few different models that were installed that year.

Once you post the Manuf & Model #, someone will surely send you in the right direction.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:34 AM   #7
Joe Daddy

I am looking for the original 2005 Trailmanor 2720 manual(s), not for the converter. My apology for not being clear.

Thanks!

Joe
Old 08-26-2010, 12:15 PM   #8
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

The 2005 TM Owner's Manual is very similar to the 2002 manual that is posted. They didn't change much - or at all - from year to year, since the basics of the TM didn't change. I think the first big change to the manual was in 2008 or so - also posted. Neither one is a slick-paper book, but rather is just a typewritten and xeroxed document. Despite its rather simple format, it contains a lot of info, and every owner should have a copy.

As each TM leaves the factory, it includes a copy of the TM Owner's Manual, plus a whole 3-ring binder full of manuals for the various appliances, each manual supplied by the appliance manufacturer. There is a manual for the refrigerator, one for the stove, one for the furnace, one for the water pump, one for the TV antenna, one for the converter, and so forth. These appliance manuals are all available on-line from the appliance manufacturers' web sites. I don't think you can expect to get these appliance manuals from TM, since the installed appliance models and manufacturers may change from year to year. For each appliance, the manufacturers' on-line site is the best place to download the manual that is specific to the year and model of your appliance.

If you are looking for the manual for a specific appliance (and I include the converter in this term), and if you are having trouble finding it online, just post a request here and we'll help you find it.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 09:15 AM   #9
Joe Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by harveyrv View Post
Here is a good thread that covers batteries and battery boxes...it has lots of pics as the thread progresses. I'd suggest reading the entire thread.
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ht=battery+box
Thanks for the link to the battery 'conversation' however if there were pictures there, I don't see nary a one now. I'm thinking I should just put the batteries in individual boxes and strap them to the angle iron brackets. That would work.

Joe
Old 08-28-2010, 09:38 AM   #10
Speckul8r
TrailManor Master

The battery boxes are standard marine battery boxes sold most anywhere including Wal-Mart.
Speckul8r is offline   Reply With Quote